Friends

When I was out earlier I saw a group of people who were friends and they were talking fluently with each other, laughing and clearly having a great time. I felt sad seeing it because it's that I long for and have wanted all through school but never got and now I'm 21 and I still have no friends and feel lonely.

I've looked up online tips to try to make friends and be successful with interactions but I'm still no good at it. I can hardly talk to my own family let alone talk to a stranger to try and make friends with. I hope I can make friends with someone one day. I don't want to be alone for the rest of my life.

Parents
  • Yeh I get we’re your coming from. But just because they look like they’re enjoying themselves in that moment doesn’t mean that they won’t go home tonight and feel bad or have other issues you don’t know about. You’re only seeing that one snapshot of someone’s life behind the scenes their life might not be as good as it looks. I don’t have a group of friends either but I try to find friends through groups. It’s just about meeting people you click with. I have met dozens and dozens of people my own age but I didn’t click with them. That’s just the way life goes sometimes and you either accept it or be bitter about it. 

• Yeh I get we’re your coming from. But just because they look like they’re enjoying themselves in that moment doesn’t mean that they won’t go home tonight and feel bad or have other issues you don’t know about. You’re only seeing that one snapshot of someone’s life behind the scenes their life might not be as good as it looks. I don’t have a group of friends either but I try to find friends through groups. It’s just about meeting people you click with. I have met dozens and dozens of people my own age but I didn’t click with them. That’s just the way life goes sometimes and you either accept it or be bitter about it. 

Children
No Data