24 years old, just diagnosed with Autism and ADHD

Hi everyone,

Ihad my assessment for ASD yesterday and was confirmed a diagnosis. I got diagnosed with ADHD at the start of last year and I have just turned 24 years old, and I’m female. I’m just having a huge issue with processing it. I’m kind of in a bit of a mental health crisis at the moment, really struggling to work and generally keep my head above water. I wasn’t sure how I would feel after a diagnosis and it’s really hard to process all the feelings. I’m mostly struggling with it, there was a lot of relief at first but now I’m really scared. I think that because I know it’s part of my mental health struggles it’s worrying me because it’s never going to go away. I know there is a lot of good that comes from me being autistic but I’m struggling to accept I’m going to need help for the rest of my life. I’m already just so tired already, and it hurts to know I can’t change the fact I suffered alone and unrecognised for so long. Really finding it hard to see how it can help at the moment, I know it will and has made me understand myself better but now I do just know I’m different, and I’m so much more aware of it. not sure how to navigate this world that isn’t meant for me.

Parents
  • Your conditions are a PART of you,that is what makes you,you !
    You are unique.
    Normal simply means being Yourself.
    Do not compare Yourself to others, You only have to answer to Yourself !
    Accept this, and a huge weight will vanish from Your shoulders !
    All the best Thumbsup

• Your conditions are a PART of you,that is what makes you,you !
    You are unique.
    Normal simply means being Yourself.
    Do not compare Yourself to others, You only have to answer to Yourself !
    Accept this, and a huge weight will vanish from Your shoulders !
    All the best Thumbsup

Children
No Data