Autopia! My creation of an online autistic community!

Hi neurokin! 

Thanks so much for our discussion earlier about creating another online autistic community which is entirely autistic led! I have started to create an initial forum using Proboards (which was kindly suggested to me) with different topics.

Here is the link if you are interested:

https://autopia.freeforums.net/board/1/general-discussion

Any feedback?

What do you think about the topics I have created?

Thank you!

Obviously I will continue to develop and work on it but I am just looking for initial thoughts.

Parents
  • It looks interesting, but the font is very small. As is the font for this reply! Had I forgotten that "feature" of this board as I have not been here for a while? I come back and find that it is all going to change Disappointed so a new board might be just as easy to learn as a new version of this one... Ho hum, don't we all *love* change?! (That was sarcasm!)

Although it would be nice to lose the very annoying things about this board it looks like they are going to implement bad changes (deleting old threads) and I have very little confidence that any change is actually an improvement as experience has shown it is far more often a disimprovement...

It's nice to see there are still people here I remember though!

• Welcome back Relaxed I had noticed that you hadn't been around for a while and hoped you were ok.

Reply Children
  • Thanks Slight smile I didn't mean to worry anyone, but it's nice you noticed. I got a new special interest - cat training! Well, I got a new cat with way too much energy and had to try something, but it proved a fascinating topic with wider relevance than I expected. Not only is animal training/operant conditioning linked to autism via the dreaded ABA (though the animal trainers seem way ahead with ethics and consent!) but also to AI and machine learning.