Friendships - Are they real?

I am questioning all my friendships at the moment & wondering if these people really are my friends.

It seems like I initiate all the contact and that they are only friends with me because of what they can get out of me. 

There is one person I really thought I was getting on well with but not enough to get an invitation to NYE. 

I even feel like my own husband is a stranger. We both have our own interests and hardly have anything to do with each other any more. 

I am feeling v lonely ,confused & full of doubt.

Parents
  • I've lost a friend due to there behaviour, used me and racked up debt (the former friend opened up a Studio catalogue account); also controlling me. In the end had to end the friendship.

2018-2022 had a pen pal via snail mail which was going fine. Strange that used to send me gifts and money (pen pals don't send this kind of stuff); plus claimed got a chronic health condition (doctor missed diagnosed her); in the end I had to stop writing to her. The reaction was I had my letter torn up, returned to me and said I'd used two hurtful words. Straight away and every year she wants new pen pals (writes an advert on twitter. I don't touch twitter anymore); was absolutely fine on twitter until exchanging messages which didn't want. Think both are unhappy and made mistakes.

2019-2021 taken on another snail mail where was going absolutely fine. Suddenly stopped all letter writing without telling me. Think she was finding it difficult and maybe her carer realised that it's a regular basis. Only had 4 letters, one card and a photo. The pen pal is getting the letters and not responding. 

Absolutely a shame. Sometimes I miss writing letters and stamps are expensive. Plus postman delivery letters to the wrong houses! 

Now got some more reliable ones on this forum. Both private message and email. 

• I've lost a friend due to there behaviour, used me and racked up debt (the former friend opened up a Studio catalogue account); also controlling me. In the end had to end the friendship.

2018-2022 had a pen pal via snail mail which was going fine. Strange that used to send me gifts and money (pen pals don't send this kind of stuff); plus claimed got a chronic health condition (doctor missed diagnosed her); in the end I had to stop writing to her. The reaction was I had my letter torn up, returned to me and said I'd used two hurtful words. Straight away and every year she wants new pen pals (writes an advert on twitter. I don't touch twitter anymore); was absolutely fine on twitter until exchanging messages which didn't want. Think both are unhappy and made mistakes.

2019-2021 taken on another snail mail where was going absolutely fine. Suddenly stopped all letter writing without telling me. Think she was finding it difficult and maybe her carer realised that it's a regular basis. Only had 4 letters, one card and a photo. The pen pal is getting the letters and not responding. 

Absolutely a shame. Sometimes I miss writing letters and stamps are expensive. Plus postman delivery letters to the wrong houses! 

Now got some more reliable ones on this forum. Both private message and email. 

Children
No Data