Update from my Claire’s law enquiry

Hi I posted on here yesterday something I regret doing. I looked my boyfriend up under Claire’s law. I am consumed with guilt with what I have done. No offences or convictions of violence on him only something he got arrested for years ago which I already knew about that not related to being violent or anything of the sort. I’m in bits over this my boyfriend is extremely hurt by what I’ve done and I want to make things up to him I just don’t know how. I don’t even know why I did what I did we both have autism he always been kind to me never hurt me physically we had out arguments and disagreements but who hasn’t in a relationship. I think he mostly upset with the fact that I went behind my back and did this. How can I make things right how can I get him to trust me again because this is destroying me. 

Parents
  • You used the law exactly as intended. No one expects their partner to have a history of abuse, so it's a very sensible idea to check. If your partner was a good person, he would be pleased that you looked out for your own safety.

• to be fair you should know that before you become their partner...

i mean, id not want a partner who has anything to do with drugs... i wont randomly get a partner and only find out they have a drug problem later, it would be obvious dating them what they are like.. i dont need to file a police report against them to ask if they are druggies then have police invading their home and privacy to check for me lmao ...date them, find out that way, if they have any traits you dont like call it off, simple...

• Well, that's the point. Everyone thinks "oh I'm sure I'd know if my partner..." and yet time and time again they don't. That's why the law was introduced.

• i aint planning to either, im nearly 34 and everyone my age would have slept with 10000 people by now... thats dirty and unhygienic in my opinion.... so i pass on relationships now... unless they can vouch that they are clean and have maybe a database of cleanliness rankings of each person too

• i aint planning to either, im nearly 34 and everyone my age would have slept with 10000 people by now... thats dirty and unhygienic in my opinion.... so i pass on relationships now... unless they can vouch that they are clean and have maybe a database of cleanliness rankings of each person too

Children
No Data