Update from my Claire’s law enquiry

Hi I posted on here yesterday something I regret doing. I looked my boyfriend up under Claire’s law. I am consumed with guilt with what I have done. No offences or convictions of violence on him only something he got arrested for years ago which I already knew about that not related to being violent or anything of the sort. I’m in bits over this my boyfriend is extremely hurt by what I’ve done and I want to make things up to him I just don’t know how. I don’t even know why I did what I did we both have autism he always been kind to me never hurt me physically we had out arguments and disagreements but who hasn’t in a relationship. I think he mostly upset with the fact that I went behind my back and did this. How can I make things right how can I get him to trust me again because this is destroying me. 

Parents
  • i think the issue is by doing this it showed YOU didnt trust him.... its not about trying to get him to trust you again, he already trusted you.... its about convincing him that you trust him... because by doing this you didnt trust him, you suspected him of being a abuser. that will be always in his mind, he will always think you are uncomfortable with him, that you making that enquiry was a sign that he has done something to make you uncomfortable with him... so he will now be wondering what he has done to make you feel fear or discomfort about him... he will be thinking you dont trust him... that is the issue with this. not about him trusting  you but about  him thinking you dont trust him or are afraid of him.

• i think the issue is by doing this it showed YOU didnt trust him.... its not about trying to get him to trust you again, he already trusted you.... its about convincing him that you trust him... because by doing this you didnt trust him, you suspected him of being a abuser. that will be always in his mind, he will always think you are uncomfortable with him, that you making that enquiry was a sign that he has done something to make you uncomfortable with him... so he will now be wondering what he has done to make you feel fear or discomfort about him... he will be thinking you dont trust him... that is the issue with this. not about him trusting  you but about  him thinking you dont trust him or are afraid of him.

Children
No Data