Do you like your birthday?

I'm not a fan of them. Even as a little girl I never got excited for my birthday, in fact the weeks leading up to it were always filled with dread and this is something that's never changed.

My birthday is next month and I'm already dreading it. People keep asking me what I want, should we do a party, am I excited...

It must sound like I'm not grateful, I actually am grateful for the thought and care but as with every year I just want to stay in my room and wait for the day to be over. Everyone fusses and the majority know I don't like my birthday or celebrating but they do it anyway.

If it was a quiet occasion it would be much better and I wouldn't have such a big problem with it but it's never a quiet occasion and by the end of the day I'm always exhausted and nearing a meltdown.

There's still a month to go but I'm anxious already. If I'm really lucky they will forget it this year and I can carry on like normal.

Parents
  • I really dislike my birthday. I hate being centre of attention so try to get everyone to forget about it as much as possible. I turn 50 this year and I've told my other half I don't want any celebrations. I even dread the text messages and awkward phone calls from family members. 

• I solved the awkwardness of my 50th, I was offered a party or a break to Italy. Just the wife and I went to Italy, no contact with the outside world and the sun on my back. Perfect.

Reply Children
No Data