Joining clubs, classes and groups

My therapist has repeatedly encouraged me to join some kind of club or a meetup group or do a class to get me out of the house and meet people, maybe even make some friends.

I see the point and there are classes I would find interesting, but the thought of going to one of these by myself is just too daunting. I find it difficult not to assume people tend to join these things with a friend and I don’t want to be the weird guy on his own.

Have any of you gone to these things by yourself? Do people really do that?

Parents
  • Well, as I said in another post, people won't get into relationships, be they platonic or not, unless they meet other people.

I've made friends and had relationships through work mainly but a lot of people (as I think you do) work from home.

It's a bit different for females, but I do a lot on my own, even though I'm in a relationship.

Not clubs though as for practical reasons that would be difficult eg. driving at night.

I used to go to an IVC club when I was younger which I joined with a friend mainly because she wanted to be in a relationship.

I was single at the time but quite content.

She did meet a single man there who she is now married to.

There were quite a few single men there but no single women (in the sense of alone, without coming with a friend).

I wish you all the best if you decide to do this.

• Well, as I said in another post, people won't get into relationships, be they platonic or not, unless they meet other people.

I can’t argue with that! It’s very difficult though.

But I have to make a change in my life.

Reply Children
No Data