Authenticity

So, I was wondering if anyone else feels this way?

We are encouraged, these days, to just be ourselves. But if you have done this and always found the real you is rejected how on earth are you meant to live in the world authentically?

Just ignore the negative responses and persist? Or, like most people in the world with a heart, do you then adjust your 'self' to be less divisive/offensive/turbulent, in order to find a way to fit? (Mask)

Just struggling to fit a star shaped personality through a round hole atm, and it's made me very depressed

Parents
  • Thanks guys, good to know I'm not totally alone in feeling this.

This may be a tangent, but I also think often we are some of the most sensitive people around too, so combining a '*** it' mentality and persisting with a diversive mentality or personality just doesn't go hand in hand. For me at least.

I chew over this moments for days and weeks afterwards making my anxiety high and social discomfort greater

• I  seem to be in constant conflict with some people but not with all people. I'd rather be this way than some milquetoast drone who manages to "get along".  But I also understand many people here have to engage with NT's way more often than I do.  I do behave more in the expected manner when I am social.  But it's only a slightly more toned down version of myself.  It depends who you are with and who you surround yourself with.

• I  seem to be in constant conflict with some people but not with all people. I'd rather be this way than some milquetoast drone who manages to "get along".  But I also understand many people here have to engage with NT's way more often than I do.  I do behave more in the expected manner when I am social.  But it's only a slightly more toned down version of myself.  It depends who you are with and who you surround yourself with.

Children
No Data