How adult is the adult section allowed to be?

What are the rules around that?

Parents
  • I wouldn't myself, be comfortable talking about it in the forums but would PM with my friends instead if it felt right. there is soo much trauma around sex that to draw people into a public thread about it would make many feel vulnerable and exposed, if they were to truly express them selves. Subjects such as rape and gray-area consent while autistic are very hard to parse. Another thing is the extent that such a thead might go swanky or salacious: It only takes one bad player to ruin it and cause undue trauma to others. 

In short I would balk at such a thread myself.

• I wouldn't myself, be comfortable talking about it in the forums but would PM with my friends instead if it felt right. there is soo much trauma around sex that to draw people into a public thread about it would make many feel vulnerable and exposed, if they were to truly express them selves. Subjects such as rape and gray-area consent while autistic are very hard to parse. Another thing is the extent that such a thead might go swanky or salacious: It only takes one bad player to ruin it and cause undue trauma to others. 

In short I would balk at such a thread myself.

Children
  • , As with all the discussions on the forums, nobody is forced to participate in them. Therefore, members who felt that discussing 'adult' topics would cause them to feel vulnerable and exposed could just steer clear of participating in such discussions.

This is something I have said elsewhere on the forums... If there was a private opt-in forum, it would be ideal for discussions that may be likely to trigger other members. Even better if it could be set up so that the discussions posted there didn't appear in the list of most recent discussions on the Community home page.

• One bad player reporting for duty, sah!