Got a diagnosis, what now?

Basically what the title says. I got my diagnosis on Friday, I'm a nearly 40 year old woman, and I have no clue what to do next. I already get PIP for longstanding anxiety and depression, go to counseling on a regular basis, and whilst I'm currently out of work, mostly due to my mental health, I'm already accessing schemes to help me get back into work and receive ESA. What else do I do?

Parents
  • Seems all good, hope your move towards work goes well.

Maybe now you can start embracing your life in the knowledge you're autistic. Perhaps take up more autistic friendly hobbies. Keep yourself busy with something - learn a new skill. Juggling, for example, which is great for autistic brains through stress management and stimming.

• My hobbies are pretty autism friendly, I read, sew, garden, birdwatch and kayak. They all have benefits for me from an autism perspective, though the kayaking can be challenging for me at times since certain aspects aren't very comfortable for me. But sometimes it's good to be challenged.

In terms of work, I'm definitely looking for something part time and ideally working from home, there are a few roles about so now I've got the diagnosis out of the way (which was taking up a lot of mental space in the run up) I can start to look properly.

• My hobbies are pretty autism friendly, I read, sew, garden, birdwatch and kayak. They all have benefits for me from an autism perspective, though the kayaking can be challenging for me at times since certain aspects aren't very comfortable for me. But sometimes it's good to be challenged.

In terms of work, I'm definitely looking for something part time and ideally working from home, there are a few roles about so now I've got the diagnosis out of the way (which was taking up a lot of mental space in the run up) I can start to look properly.

Children
No Data