A sad state of affairs.

I saw this news story today news.sky.com/.../pupils-exclusion-trauma-revealed-as-some-schools-remove-special-needs-students-to-protect-results-13008254 I've been excluding myself for 50 years, I hope and aim for more inclusion inThumbsup my future Thumbsup

• Another book I especially like related to all this is The Selfish Society: How We Forgot To Love One Another And Made Money Instead by Sue Gerhardt www.amazon.co.uk/.../1847375715 #TheConfusedSociety

• It was even worse in the past.  I was kicked out of a normal school and placed in a 'special school' in 1973.  The year I spent there was an experience I will never forget. 

On my first day I was given responsibility for tomato plants growing in a grow bag near a window.  There was some discussion among the staff wether I should be with the "small boys or the big lads.". It was decided that i was a big lad.  A boy asked me how old I was. I said nine and a half. He started crying that he was ten and still with the small boys.  He never spoke to me again and shunned me.  Some boys were playing table tennis, there was a skinny girl sitting in silence hiding under the table.  She never spoke to anyone the whole year I was there.

Education wise the school had zero worth, no exams, no teaching, no Ofsted inspection,. I learnt to weave baskets.

I only spent one year there, but others were there until the age of 16.  I wonder what their  prospects were when they left.

• The money was wasted when invading Afghanistan and Iraq. That's the long-and-short of it.

• I believe that our whole system is being scaled-down to reduce expenditure, under the guise of modernisation, I don’t believe that mental-health/welfare/transport/education/healthcare is going to see any solution that doesn’t introduce disregulation, followed down-scaling.

Regulated Ticket offices are be replaced with info-desks and tech followed by removal of facility.
    Professional mental health replaced by online counsellors and online groups followed by removal of facility, just this year the upscale of online-counsellors (and sub-contractors) has sky-rocketed and the lateral-movement across level 3 resources removed, plus you can no longer do more than one level 3 treatment, so if there is no available in level 4 intervention, you are discharged. lol. 
    For welfare solutions you can just read the news, education has been under the yoke for a decade, and if you talk to any NEET Organisation you’ll find that none of them anticipate a stable future..

I could go on, but i’m worried that the push for a psychological-playbook for autistic distress and behaviour, may signal an intention to reduce regulated social-resources for autistic-people. I may be wrong but I don’t think I am, I don’t mean to be a negative, but I can’t deny that things are changing around me either.. societal-windows are being broken and no one is fixing them or plans to fix them..

I had a conversation with my level 3 counsellor, who I wouldn’t have if I’d been referred a week later (back in January), she cheaply batted-off the thought that she could be replaced by AI, I said “well you replaced your regulated-superior counterpart, what makes you think that you are more-constitute than them, what makes you think you won’t be replaced by the more-economic option as it becomes viable”.. She fell silent..

• Plus, school is about the pursuit of remembering facts; rather than learning skills and wisdom.

Plus, it's a Warzone. Kids are preparing for War, rather than Work.

• I don't see much hope for some sensible reforms in the near future.  But things can change.

• Agreed. The only thing the league tables seem to do is put pressure on the pupils to do well and create additional work and stress for staff.

I don't recall league tables being a thing back when I was at school, but they were by the time my son started school in the late 90s.

• The whole education system needs massive reform.  Competition and league tables need to go and that's just for starters.