A sad state of affairs.

I saw this news story today news.sky.com/.../pupils-exclusion-trauma-revealed-as-some-schools-remove-special-needs-students-to-protect-results-13008254 I've been excluding myself for 50 years, I hope and aim for more inclusion inThumbsup my future Thumbsup

Parents
  • It was even worse in the past.  I was kicked out of a normal school and placed in a 'special school' in 1973.  The year I spent there was an experience I will never forget. 

On my first day I was given responsibility for tomato plants growing in a grow bag near a window.  There was some discussion among the staff wether I should be with the "small boys or the big lads.". It was decided that i was a big lad.  A boy asked me how old I was. I said nine and a half. He started crying that he was ten and still with the small boys.  He never spoke to me again and shunned me.  Some boys were playing table tennis, there was a skinny girl sitting in silence hiding under the table.  She never spoke to anyone the whole year I was there.

Education wise the school had zero worth, no exams, no teaching, no Ofsted inspection,. I learnt to weave baskets.

I only spent one year there, but others were there until the age of 16.  I wonder what their  prospects were when they left.

• It was even worse in the past.  I was kicked out of a normal school and placed in a 'special school' in 1973.  The year I spent there was an experience I will never forget. 

On my first day I was given responsibility for tomato plants growing in a grow bag near a window.  There was some discussion among the staff wether I should be with the "small boys or the big lads.". It was decided that i was a big lad.  A boy asked me how old I was. I said nine and a half. He started crying that he was ten and still with the small boys.  He never spoke to me again and shunned me.  Some boys were playing table tennis, there was a skinny girl sitting in silence hiding under the table.  She never spoke to anyone the whole year I was there.

Education wise the school had zero worth, no exams, no teaching, no Ofsted inspection,. I learnt to weave baskets.

I only spent one year there, but others were there until the age of 16.  I wonder what their  prospects were when they left.

Children