Psychiatry UK

Has anyone had any negative experiences with Psychaitry UK for an ASD assessment? 

I have been told I am not autistic and I disagree with this. I fully 100% believe that I am autistic and have previously scored very high on multiple tests. The problem was that I struggled to think on the spot with some of the questions and felt quite rushed through out. I don't know whether to go privately or whether I should try and fight their decision? I need advice please. 

Parents
  • ADHD assessment, not ASD. They didn't offer ASD at the time. For me they were really good, and verbally confirmed autism writing on the letter that I needed officially assessing. If, for example, you feel they didn't understand because you're female and they didn't ask questions relevant to you then it's worth appealing. A friend paid for assessment and still got told no the clinician was old school and thought girls couldn't be autistic, she's got a refund and is waiting for the NHS now cos she can't be stressed with it all again. 

• I am awaiting for an NHS appointment for ADHD I was going to ask if anyone had been seen via Psychiatry UK for ADHD. 

I had my autism assessment via Clinical Partners in August.

Reply Children
No Data