ESA actually listened... So what now?

I got put in the support group for 18 months yesterday. I'm shocked that they actually listened. It's the same stuff I've been telling pip for years and they kept saying "because you're employed you can't have these difficulties" . Well I was fired on health grounds in February , according to the dismissal letter I'm" not managing my autism diagnosis well " I only got it 6 months previously. 

The process has taken 7 months and now I don't know what to do with myself. I have been in waiting mode all this time constantly concerned about what they were going to say and whether they were going to actually listen to me. Now the pressure is off I don't know what to do! '

I'm happy, I think, that they understood but have no idea how to go forward with life. 

Would anyone like to share what they do without the burden of work (or searching for it) and without the flexibility of money to go places/buy things? 

Parents
  • i dunno it will always be there the need for work as no amount of benefits can pay for anyones life really, which is how its designed, benefits are designed to make it so it doesnt fully cover life so it incentivises people/forces people to get a job. so id never be without that requirement to have a job to exist. unless i rob a bank, then id get rich off it or go to prison and not need to bother about the cost of existing.

• Until the last big burnout I didn't think I could live on benefits either. If I hadn't got into the support group I'd have been unable to pay the bills from about January next year.I have nothing to my name. I'm ok with that. I am not interested in belongings, holidays, trips out, TV packages. I only leave the house to walk the dog. The benefits literally just pay the bills. But at least I don't have the job centre on my back now.

I stopped being able to cope after I lost my mum. I had no concept of how much she did for me until she stroked back into childhood and no longer knows anyone.  Without her I have no support, she kept my life in order while I solely focused on work.

But I'd rather be in poverty than having multiple violent meltdowns in the loo daily and being criticized for all the errors I make despite 100% effort which has been the case since school.i don't feel good about being unfit for work, actually I really struggle with the concept. ESA is just the best that could happen in my current situation. 

• you must own your home then because i doubt any benefot can afford to pay rent these days?
    rent these days is insanely out of control, higher than monthly wage gets you most areas now.

• im amazed benefits even cover it then as i said rent is insane these days

Reply Children
No Data