How much of your personality have you had to surrender, to fit into Nt societies conception of ,what a human being should be?

This ones hard to answer.  Are there any shrinks in?  

What is personality for a start?

What did you want to be when you were a child? And what are you now?

Parents
  • I used to have to suppress a lot of who I was to get by, especially at school and in my previous workplace.

Now I don't suppress any of it really- that's not to say I don't mask any more, because I know that sometimes I do. I just limit that to things like hiding how much things like bright lights and eating noises bother me. When it comes to my actual personality, what you see is what you get; if someone doesn't like it they don't have to hang out with me! (And actually, that would be fine, because I need a lot of alone time anyway.)

• I used to have to suppress a lot of who I was to get by, especially at school and in my previous workplace.

Now I don't suppress any of it really- that's not to say I don't mask any more, because I know that sometimes I do. I just limit that to things like hiding how much things like bright lights and eating noises bother me. When it comes to my actual personality, what you see is what you get; if someone doesn't like it they don't have to hang out with me! (And actually, that would be fine, because I need a lot of alone time anyway.)

Children
  • I am basically  a recluse these days.  I still have ambitions of being something in their world.  But i don't imagine they will come to much. I would be happy with the bare minimum. I did once have quite a few friends but it's so, so draining.