How much of your personality have you had to surrender, to fit into Nt societies conception of ,what a human being should be?

This ones hard to answer.  Are there any shrinks in?  

What is personality for a start?

What did you want to be when you were a child? And what are you now?

Parents
  • It seems almost laughable now, but when I was a child I thought I wanted to be a primary school teacher (Reception class specifically). This lasted until my teens, when I spent a week doing work experience in the Reception Class of a primary school. Although I enjoyed it, I found it to be a rather noisy environment. The reason why I now find it almost laughable is that school had felt akin to a prison sentence for me, and I had no desire to extend my sentence by remaining in full-time education to obtain the qualifications required to be a teacher.

After abandoning the idea of being a teacher, I then thought I wanted to be a radio DJ. At the time, I had been a volunteer with a local hospital radio, until the novelty wore off. That was then replaced with me thinking that I wanted to join the RAF police as a dog handler, but it was for all the wrong reasons. Therefore, a blessing in disguise that I failed an initial entrance exam.

Some people can be quite driven and seem to know at a young age what they would like to do when they're adults. Regrettably, the only thing I was ever sure of was that I wanted to be a mother, and to ideally get married, although not necessarily in that order.

Do I feel that I fit into NT society's perception of what a human being should be? No, not really. Do I feel that I've had to surrender my personality to fit in? No. However, I tend not to worry too much about what other people think of me.

• It seems almost laughable now, but when I was a child I thought I wanted to be a primary school teacher (Reception class specifically). This lasted until my teens, when I spent a week doing work experience in the Reception Class of a primary school. Although I enjoyed it, I found it to be a rather noisy environment. The reason why I now find it almost laughable is that school had felt akin to a prison sentence for me, and I had no desire to extend my sentence by remaining in full-time education to obtain the qualifications required to be a teacher.

After abandoning the idea of being a teacher, I then thought I wanted to be a radio DJ. At the time, I had been a volunteer with a local hospital radio, until the novelty wore off. That was then replaced with me thinking that I wanted to join the RAF police as a dog handler, but it was for all the wrong reasons. Therefore, a blessing in disguise that I failed an initial entrance exam.

Some people can be quite driven and seem to know at a young age what they would like to do when they're adults. Regrettably, the only thing I was ever sure of was that I wanted to be a mother, and to ideally get married, although not necessarily in that order.

Do I feel that I fit into NT society's perception of what a human being should be? No, not really. Do I feel that I've had to surrender my personality to fit in? No. However, I tend not to worry too much about what other people think of me.

Children
No Data