How much of your personality have you had to surrender, to fit into Nt societies conception of ,what a human being should be?

This ones hard to answer.  Are there any shrinks in?  

What is personality for a start?

What did you want to be when you were a child? And what are you now?

Parents
  • I used to be able to laugh out loud. I can't do that anymore, even when I know no one will hear me. I probably was a bit more free in terms of having a laugh with people but I've misjudged a lot of things which has put me off.

I had no idea what kind of person I'd be as an adult when I was a child but I've definitely lost any identity I ever had.

• I used to be able to laugh out loud. I can't do that anymore, even when I know no one will hear me. I probably was a bit more free in terms of having a laugh with people but I've misjudged a lot of things which has put me off.

I had no idea what kind of person I'd be as an adult when I was a child but I've definitely lost any identity I ever had.

Children
  • I feel the same man.

I don't know if you are au fait with Aldous. Huxley and/or Octave Mirbeau? But they have some good quotes on this kind of thing. Alienation etc

I feel like most people have their dreams beaten out of them from a very young age.  Figuratively speaking. But for people with Autism it could be worse.  Having to cling closely to a host culture that is constantly forcing you to essentially repent your own psyche  is  no fun.

I guess some Autistic people adjust to neurotypical culture. Whereas some of us are left maladjusted. And are categorised differently.  I imagine historically many of us were confined to institutions or were burned at the stake for heresy

Or maybe we were medicine men and witchdoctors.

I might have that for my new name on here. The WITCHDOCTA.   This  amuses me.