I hope you feel better soon - Arrrrgggghhhh!

Is it just me or do others get upset / triggered / frustrated/ uncomfortable when someone says or writes one of the following or similar…

1. I hope that you feel better soon
  2. I hope that you recover soon

I have no doubt that their intentions are good and mean no harm. BUT the problem is that it kind of winds me up. I mean, it’s not like having a cold or virus that you probably would feel much better after a week or so. I find this particularly irksome in the work environment - eg when you contact work to say that you’re struggling and will not be working today.

Am I being overly sensitive? Am I interpreting their good intended words TOO literally? Is there a suitable response to better inform them? Is this really an autistic thing or maybe just me?

Parents
  • What would you prefer for people to say to you instead of these sentences that make you feel aggravated? And then can you let these people know, so that moving forward, they can say something that won't make you feel worse?

Am I being overly sensitive? Am I interpreting their good intended words TOO literally? Is there a suitable response to better inform them? Is this really an autistic thing or maybe just me?

A lot of people (myself included) do fall onto these sayings when someone's unwell or struggling in any way because we don't know what else we should say. I don't personally believe in being too sensitive, if you don't like it you don't like and that's perfectly fine. 

• What would you prefer for people to say to you instead of these sentences that make you feel aggravated? And then can you let these people know, so that moving forward, they can say something that won't make you feel worse?

A lot of people (myself included) do fall onto these sayings when someone's unwell or struggling in any way because we don't know what else we should say. I don't personally believe in being too sensitive, if you don't like it you don't like and that's perfectly fine. 

Children
No Data