Haircuts

Today’s task was to go and get my hair cut. One of the most stressful things I have to do on a regular basis.

Getting the crowded, noisy smelly subway into town. Sitting in an incredibly noisy and busy barbershop with people touching me and talking at me and clipping and buzzing around my head.

I hate it. There must be a better way (other than shaving my head!).

Parents
  • I also hate getting my hair cut. I'm female and my hair is relatively long. The last time a hairdresser touched it was about 2-3 years ago and I remember wanting to grow it, I'd had it shaved short and wanted it long and it has gotten passed the awkward phase and I was pleased! However, the hairdresser told me that I didn't want to grow it and he would keep cutting it at a certain length. My fiance, who's male and has long hair also used the same hairdresser and he gave my fiance this undercut which he hated and never asked for. So we both decided not to go back.

Then lockdown happened and I watched various videos on how to cut my own hair and thought "what could go wrong if I bungle it it will grow back." And I've been cutting my own hair ever since. Yes, at points it's gone wrong but I've been happy with it for the most part. I also trim my fiancé's hair too. 

We are getting married next year, so both of us would like our hair cut professionally for the wedding. So I'm not looking forward to that if I'm honest. But my hair cutting abilities have their limits lol. 

• I also hate getting my hair cut. I'm female and my hair is relatively long. The last time a hairdresser touched it was about 2-3 years ago and I remember wanting to grow it, I'd had it shaved short and wanted it long and it has gotten passed the awkward phase and I was pleased! However, the hairdresser told me that I didn't want to grow it and he would keep cutting it at a certain length. My fiance, who's male and has long hair also used the same hairdresser and he gave my fiance this undercut which he hated and never asked for. So we both decided not to go back.

Then lockdown happened and I watched various videos on how to cut my own hair and thought "what could go wrong if I bungle it it will grow back." And I've been cutting my own hair ever since. Yes, at points it's gone wrong but I've been happy with it for the most part. I also trim my fiancé's hair too. 

We are getting married next year, so both of us would like our hair cut professionally for the wedding. So I'm not looking forward to that if I'm honest. But my hair cutting abilities have their limits lol. 

Children
No Data