News/current affairs

Since the Palestine/Israel conflict began, I've stopped reading the news (I don't watch TV or listen to the radio, anyway).

This is to protect my mental health as my responses to the various conflicts in the world tend to either be anger or distress.

I've never done this before but for several decades of my life news wasn't so readily available.

The internet changed all that.

I don't know how long I will be able to isolate myself in this way, but I had become rather addicted to the BBC news website, constantly updating it to see the latest.

Does this resonate with anyone?

Parents
  • This resonates with me too

I used to look at the news all the time I was always interested in knowing what's going on but it did start to affect my mental health and I didn't realise what a trigger it become for me

My mental health team and therapist advised me to stop looking at the news as it was affecting me bad

I don't miss it too be honest I feel happier and calmer now

• This resonates with me too

I used to look at the news all the time I was always interested in knowing what's going on but it did start to affect my mental health and I didn't realise what a trigger it become for me

My mental health team and therapist advised me to stop looking at the news as it was affecting me bad

I don't miss it too be honest I feel happier and calmer now

Children
No Data