News/current affairs

Since the Palestine/Israel conflict began, I've stopped reading the news (I don't watch TV or listen to the radio, anyway).

This is to protect my mental health as my responses to the various conflicts in the world tend to either be anger or distress.

I've never done this before but for several decades of my life news wasn't so readily available.

The internet changed all that.

I don't know how long I will be able to isolate myself in this way, but I had become rather addicted to the BBC news website, constantly updating it to see the latest.

Does this resonate with anyone?

Parents
  • This resonates with me. I remember back when Covid first hit and the news was inundated with all of it. Everytime I looked anywhere I'd see some sort of scary headline would set me off onto an anxiety trip or panic attack. I'd had to detach and stop following all news outlets and so forth then to protect my mental well being. This became my new normal and I never really went back to looking at it which I'm grateful for now especially. 

• This resonates with me. I remember back when Covid first hit and the news was inundated with all of it. Everytime I looked anywhere I'd see some sort of scary headline would set me off onto an anxiety trip or panic attack. I'd had to detach and stop following all news outlets and so forth then to protect my mental well being. This became my new normal and I never really went back to looking at it which I'm grateful for now especially. 

Children
  • id say covid was worse, as it was a issue that could effect us and our lives and is local especially with how badly the borders are managed to the point theres no way we can control or restrict the spread globally due to borders that are never respected and never done the job right there.

so basically the covid news was all promises of death coming to your doorstep.

russia could also have been bad news too but then we realise russia lies about everything and they dont have any nuclear capability.