Burnout

What are some of the things that you do that help you with burnout?

Parents
  • I've recently started working after several years away. I really worry about burnout, based on past experiences. I'm trying to get as much time and solitude into my day as I can, because that helps. At weekends I'm not doing much. I live alone with my dog, so don't have other people to account for outside work- I honestly don't think I could do that as well.

Apart from being ill with covid, I think I'm coping - I hope so anyway 

• It sounds like your doing amazing Pegg! ^^ 

You should be so proud of yourself for doing this it's an amazing achievement

Make sure you get plenty of rest when you need it and do the things you enjoy so you can relax and unwind espech after a stressful day at work

• Thanks Goosey, I'm off for another week, so I'm able to rest. At the moment I'm sitting by the fire listening to the rain, the dog's asleep on the sofa, all is calm and peaceful- all that I want right now.. Slight smile

• Thanks Goosey, I'm off for another week, so I'm able to rest. At the moment I'm sitting by the fire listening to the rain, the dog's asleep on the sofa, all is calm and peaceful- all that I want right now.. Slight smile

Children
  • Thanks Debbie, I'm getting there - don't fancy covid again for a while- well, ever tbh, but working in a school probably makes that unlikely.

Fireworks are a nuisance, the noise, the dog is terrified of it. I never know if there'll be any, because it depends on nearby holiday lets...

Christmas and New Year are always bad Neutral face

I don't really understand why you'd want to go on holiday in rural Cumbria just to make a big noise? It's like they're away, so all usual responsibilities are forgotten! 

Fireworks are too easy to obtain, imo.

• That sounds so peaceful and relaxing

Enjoy your evening ^^

• At the moment I'm sitting by the fire listening to the rain, the dog's asleep on the sofa, all is calm and peaceful

That sounds wonderful.

Unfortunately, I'm listening to fireworks + have been all week.

It all starts here in town very early sadly.

I'm glad you are getting better.

Rest well DogFire