Burnout

What are some of the things that you do that help you with burnout?

Parents
  • I have to make time for myself where I don't do anything, and stop having expectations or feeling guilty that I "should" be doing things. Basically I need to give myself a break and allow myself to get lost in a flow state doing something that I actually want to do, and give my senses and attention span a rest.

For me this might mean: having a lie in, not having to cook food (eat something frozen I made before), not showering, not getting dressed (just sit in cosy pyjamas), not going out or leaving the house, not doing any cleaning or chores, not doing any work, not talking to anybody.

Eventually the desire to do something I'm interested in which burnout had extinguished will reignite itself and then I get lost in that one activity, whether it's researching a topic I'm interested in, or playing a video game for 10 hours straight. No task switching or activity changing, just do one thing.

• I have to make time for myself where I don't do anything, and stop having expectations or feeling guilty that I "should" be doing things. Basically I need to give myself a break and allow myself to get lost in a flow state doing something that I actually want to do, and give my senses and attention span a rest.

For me this might mean: having a lie in, not having to cook food (eat something frozen I made before), not showering, not getting dressed (just sit in cosy pyjamas), not going out or leaving the house, not doing any cleaning or chores, not doing any work, not talking to anybody.

Eventually the desire to do something I'm interested in which burnout had extinguished will reignite itself and then I get lost in that one activity, whether it's researching a topic I'm interested in, or playing a video game for 10 hours straight. No task switching or activity changing, just do one thing.

Children