My friendship has ended over a stupid mistake.

My friends bf dad had a stroke in March. And he’s only just come home. The bf got him an Alexa to call for help if he fell and I laughed.

Just at older people using the Alexa, not his dad falling over. Don’t ask why I laughed I just did. The bf never wants to see me again and never wants me in the flat. He’s been crying because of it. I feel so bad.

my friend has said they need space from me for a few months so they can figure out what to do/if they still want to be friends with me.

this so all over a misunderstanding. I don’t understand why I’ve been cut out of their life’s. I haven’t been sleeping, I’ve been off work and I’ve been crying in bed when I’m at home.

I’ve said sorry but it hasn’t helped. I don’t know what to do or how to feel. I feel like I’m just waiting for them to text me to confirm it’s over.

my depression is bad. And it’s getting worse. 

Parents
  • That’s a shame I don’t understand emotions very well either. Don’t blame yourself, you’re autistic if your friend can’t understand that you have a disability so you can’t understand these emotional concepts then that’s they’re failing. Relationships go two ways. Your friend should understand that you’re not uncaring, you’re actually mentally disabled and that means there are things you can’t understand like when not to laugh and when to laugh. Don’t blame yourself. Try and give your self a break and get a good night sleep and you will think about it clearer the next day. I can understand why he would be upset after you laughed at that but as an autistic person I can also understand what it’s like to not understand social rules like appropriate times to laugh. Hope you can be a little gentler with yourself we all make mistakes.

• That’s a shame I don’t understand emotions very well either. Don’t blame yourself, you’re autistic if your friend can’t understand that you have a disability so you can’t understand these emotional concepts then that’s they’re failing. Relationships go two ways. Your friend should understand that you’re not uncaring, you’re actually mentally disabled and that means there are things you can’t understand like when not to laugh and when to laugh. Don’t blame yourself. Try and give your self a break and get a good night sleep and you will think about it clearer the next day. I can understand why he would be upset after you laughed at that but as an autistic person I can also understand what it’s like to not understand social rules like appropriate times to laugh. Hope you can be a little gentler with yourself we all make mistakes.

Children
No Data