Birthday Looming.

Sorry for being depressive, it happens around this time every year, my birthday is looming. I’m happy to be left alone, I hate days that are different. The questions have started, “ what are you doing for your birthday?” All I want is to be left alone. I get that people try to be nice, I’m just happy to have a normal day. The hardest part is being taken out for dinner, here’s a menu, panic, everyone else seems to navigate the menu in 20 seconds, I stare at it and the waiter is back before I can even workout what I can’t eat. Sorry just ranting.

Parents
  • Don't apologise man, it's understandable that you feel the way you do. I'm the same. For a lot of people they love their birthday and plan how they're going to celebrate - I plan how I'm going to survive and dread the day.

If you're going out you could cook something at home and take that with you so you don't have to worry about eating someone else's cooking. I do this and I've got an autism identity card, though no one has ever judged or questioned it.

I hope no matter what happens you have a great day man and I hope it isn't too overwhelming for you. 

• I am grateful to do my own thing on my birthday. 

Reply Children
No Data