Possible Autism 9 Year Old & First Period.

I have a 9 year old daughter who is going through the process of being diagnosed as autism. 

Evalyn has always been unique. It's quite a lot to explain but the school mentioned that they feel Evalyn has autism last year. 

We moved house which meant a change of school. Coming from a school with 11 children in the whole school to a big city school which has 27 children in each class. The new school feels the autism was masked with being in a smaller school. 

Anyway the more we research autism the more we are positive Evalyn has this so we are putting in steps now to try and help her. 

Along with this Evalyn has other health issues such as sight problems. This is a deterioration in her eye sight. She was once perfect eyesight in 2020 and now -3.75 in one eye and -4.0 in another eye. Evalyn also now has vacant episodes and the pediatrician thinks she is having childhood mini seizures. 

So with all this going on Evalyn started her period this week and is not coping with it very well. 

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can help her understand this and the steps she has to take. I have told her, I have shown her and I have made lists for her to read but she doesn't seem to have taken it in. She does have issues with following sequences and she struggles emotionally. It's like her brain goes into flight or fight mode. 

I just want to comfort her so badly but she can't even handle a hug of me or anyone. 

How do I comfort her? 

Please help. I just need help to help her. 

Parents
  • I wish someone had put me in progestins to stop my periods as soon as they started. Instead I had to figure that out for myself as an adult. I'd rather die than menstruate again, it's something no one should ever have to go through.

• I wish someone had put me in progestins to stop my periods as soon as they started. Instead I had to figure that out for myself as an adult. I'd rather die than menstruate again, it's something no one should ever have to go through.

Children
No Data