I have had the same hairstyle since I was a child

- it never changes, I always leave my hair out and I don't feel comfortable wearing it up. It has to be left out. Is this a possible autistic trait too?

Parents
  • I've been rocking a Dusty Springfield 60,s style haircut since around about 2011.

I was at secondary school at the time and realised how much I loved Dusty Springfield's music after hearing about her in music class.

The style was so out of fashion it got me mocked and bullied. I was already bullied for being autistic so a little more didn't hurt.

My friend said it suited me and I thought so too. I've been styling my hair like it ever since.

If you feel it then go with it Sunglasses

• Why did you have to mention Dusty? She has been one of my ‘special interests’ and led to hours of research. I now have facts about her whizzing around my head. Grimacing ( real name Mary O’Brien) sorry.

• Don't be sorry!

Dusty is an interesting woman and should be talked about. Thank you for the info dump. I didn't know Dusty Springfield wasn't her real name. You learn something new every day.

• Her first group were called the Springfields, she was schooled by nuns which she found very hard. People often thought her behaviour was odd, she would self harm, have depression and alcoholism.  Later in life she was diagnosed as bipolar, she eventually ‘came out’ as gay and married her partner. I personally think she was autistic, some of her ‘odd’ behaviour was typical autistic behaviour.  On a more cheery note, I did love the song she did with The Pet Shop Boys. She was one of the few ‘note perfect’ singers.

• Her first group were called the Springfields, she was schooled by nuns which she found very hard. People often thought her behaviour was odd, she would self harm, have depression and alcoholism.  Later in life she was diagnosed as bipolar, she eventually ‘came out’ as gay and married her partner. I personally think she was autistic, some of her ‘odd’ behaviour was typical autistic behaviour.  On a more cheery note, I did love the song she did with The Pet Shop Boys. She was one of the few ‘note perfect’ singers.

Children
No Data