Dating

I'm interested in whether anyone here has dated before and what your experience had been.

I've never dated but I want to and then I don't want to because I'm so anxious all the time and it gets in the way of most things in my life. I've been wanting to date since I was 20 and now I'm nearing the end of my 20s.

In those years I've never dated anyone. I don't have any friends. I hardly go out and I'm so anxious all the time.

I worry about what will happen when my family are gone. I don't want to end up alone for the rest of my life but the chances of me dating are so slim and then there's no guarantee it would work out for me anyway.

Parents
  • 1) open a profile on a dating site

2) put a decent picture

3) put a description (optional)

4) Go for a walk, be outside for about one hour. Leave the phone at home.

5) Go back home, open the app.

6) Choose one (or more) of the hundreds of message you received.

Dating has never been so easy in history (for women).

• I can laugh about this now, but as you seem to think dating has never been so easy for women, I thought I would share this somewhat humiliating experience...

Many, many years ago I had joined a dating site, and was somewhat surprised when I was contacted by another female member offering me some advice.  In her opinion, what I had written in my profile didn't sound exciting enough for any potential suitors. Because I had mentioned one of my interests/hobbies, this apparently made me sound too 'mumsy' and boring.

To add insult to injury, this woman then proceeded to tell me at length what my profile should say. The result was a profile that didn't accurately describe me. Did it result in more men expressing an interest? In a word, no. 

If I managed to get as far as a first date, it was rare that it ever resulted in a second date. I was at least grateful to the men who had the decency to be honest and say, "I'm sorry, but I just don't feel there is any chemistry between us."

• I can laugh about this now, but as you seem to think dating has never been so easy for women, I thought I would share this somewhat humiliating experience...

Many, many years ago I had joined a dating site, and was somewhat surprised when I was contacted by another female member offering me some advice.  In her opinion, what I had written in my profile didn't sound exciting enough for any potential suitors. Because I had mentioned one of my interests/hobbies, this apparently made me sound too 'mumsy' and boring.

To add insult to injury, this woman then proceeded to tell me at length what my profile should say. The result was a profile that didn't accurately describe me. Did it result in more men expressing an interest? In a word, no. 

If I managed to get as far as a first date, it was rare that it ever resulted in a second date. I was at least grateful to the men who had the decency to be honest and say, "I'm sorry, but I just don't feel there is any chemistry between us."

Children