Dating

I'm interested in whether anyone here has dated before and what your experience had been.

I've never dated but I want to and then I don't want to because I'm so anxious all the time and it gets in the way of most things in my life. I've been wanting to date since I was 20 and now I'm nearing the end of my 20s.

In those years I've never dated anyone. I don't have any friends. I hardly go out and I'm so anxious all the time.

I worry about what will happen when my family are gone. I don't want to end up alone for the rest of my life but the chances of me dating are so slim and then there's no guarantee it would work out for me anyway.

Parents
  • I used to date, many years ago, when society was still working. People used to have big acquaintances circles, intersecting with each other. For example, you used to know 10 people from the gym. One of your gym acquaintances also attended the church, and had a female acquaintance that you liked. You asked your gym mate to introduce you to her, and he arranged a meeting after assuring both of them that the other was a decent person.

This way, even if there was no compatibility both people were encouraged to behave decently to not be ostracized by their social circles. 

Now, "Tinderization" is a reality. Everybody treats all social interactions like a Tinder match and have no qualms in lying, ghosting and behaving like spoiled brats. Thanks God I gave up dating 15 years ago, if I had to find a companion now I would have no idea what to do. 

• I used to date, many years ago, when society was still working. People used to have big acquaintances circles, intersecting with each other. For example, you used to know 10 people from the gym. One of your gym acquaintances also attended the church, and had a female acquaintance that you liked. You asked your gym mate to introduce you to her, and he arranged a meeting after assuring both of them that the other was a decent person.

This way, even if there was no compatibility both people were encouraged to behave decently to not be ostracized by their social circles. 

Now, "Tinderization" is a reality. Everybody treats all social interactions like a Tinder match and have no qualms in lying, ghosting and behaving like spoiled brats. Thanks God I gave up dating 15 years ago, if I had to find a companion now I would have no idea what to do. 

Children
No Data