Dating

I'm interested in whether anyone here has dated before and what your experience had been.

I've never dated but I want to and then I don't want to because I'm so anxious all the time and it gets in the way of most things in my life. I've been wanting to date since I was 20 and now I'm nearing the end of my 20s.

In those years I've never dated anyone. I don't have any friends. I hardly go out and I'm so anxious all the time.

I worry about what will happen when my family are gone. I don't want to end up alone for the rest of my life but the chances of me dating are so slim and then there's no guarantee it would work out for me anyway.

Parents
  • I've never dated. I love the idea of being with someone but the idea terrifies me and as I've never been able to make friends I don't see me having much luck with dating either. Lol.

For companionship I opted to adopting a cat. We spend time together, she's quiet, she never judges and I can talk to her about anything and she'll just sit with me. The perfect friend for me.

If things change in the future i.e the crippling anxiety I get, then I'm hoping I can have a relationship with someone but for now I'm happy as I am.

Hopefully things will change for you and you will find the man or woman of your dreams. You've been given some good advice so hopefully it will work for you.

• I've never dated. I love the idea of being with someone but the idea terrifies me and as I've never been able to make friends I don't see me having much luck with dating either. Lol.

For companionship I opted to adopting a cat. We spend time together, she's quiet, she never judges and I can talk to her about anything and she'll just sit with me. The perfect friend for me.

If things change in the future i.e the crippling anxiety I get, then I'm hoping I can have a relationship with someone but for now I'm happy as I am.

Hopefully things will change for you and you will find the man or woman of your dreams. You've been given some good advice so hopefully it will work for you.

Children