Newly Diagnosed

I am a 27 year old female that has only received been diagnosed with ASD (I also have a lot of anxiety). It came as a bit of a shock, but from reading my report I feel I want to try and get out more and try to feel more comfortable with who I am. However, I am really struggling to find any ASD friendly groups for adults, everything seems to be for children and young adults. I was wondering if other people have the same issue or if anyone has any suggestions? I’m in the East Midlands area. 

Parents
  • Hi There! You may be interested in contacting a local National Autistic Society branch. Our branches offer support to local autistic people and their families. If you interesting in checking if there is a local branch near to you, please follow the link below: 

https://www.autism.org.uk/what-we-do/local-branches 

Our branches are volunteer-led, and as such every branch and group is different. Some are parent support groups, some provide support and information to autistic adults, while others have office premises and run their own a drop-in service. You will need to check with a branch directly for more information on whether they are able to provide a particular service that you are interested in. 

Best,

SaraMod

• Hi There! You may be interested in contacting a local National Autistic Society branch. Our branches offer support to local autistic people and their families. If you interesting in checking if there is a local branch near to you, please follow the link below: 

https://www.autism.org.uk/what-we-do/local-branches 

Our branches are volunteer-led, and as such every branch and group is different. Some are parent support groups, some provide support and information to autistic adults, while others have office premises and run their own a drop-in service. You will need to check with a branch directly for more information on whether they are able to provide a particular service that you are interested in. 

Best,

SaraMod

Children
No Data