ABA for adults (UK)

Anyone knows any provider able to perform the ABA on adults? I have seen plenty of centres for children, but none for an adult.

The patient would be me. Apparently, ABA is the only therapy that teaches how to "mask" more and better. Since I am one of the few people here with a real job, I am required to "mask" in my life. It's a survival need.

Parents
  • Lots of us here have 'real jobs'. What you've said here is extremely disrespectful and not based on any fact (yes there are statistics out there, and yes it's an issue, but there are also other kinds of employment - self-employment, etc - that are not covered in that statistic. I know a lot of Autistic people who are freelancers, for example, and earn good money and have great lives and lots of job satisfaction). To be perfectly honest, if this is how you go on in your daily life, then Autistic behaviours are the least of your worries, in my opinion. Perhaps work on being kinder and less judgmental. Hope the behavioural analysts you've found help you cover that.

• Lots of us here have 'real jobs'. What you've said here is extremely disrespectful and not based on any fact (yes there are statistics out there, and yes it's an issue, but there are also other kinds of employment - self-employment, etc - that are not covered in that statistic. I know a lot of Autistic people who are freelancers, for example, and earn good money and have great lives and lots of job satisfaction). To be perfectly honest, if this is how you go on in your daily life, then Autistic behaviours are the least of your worries, in my opinion. Perhaps work on being kinder and less judgmental. Hope the behavioural analysts you've found help you cover that.

Children
No Data