Work Meetings Stress

Hi, it's been awhile since I was last here.

My work has been going nicely, I work in an office with three others which is stressful as they make small task and one girl keeps having loud phone calls with her friends several times a day.

But I'm coping, you know, actually coping. I feel good in myself, I haven't been like that for some time. But one thing that does stress me out is work meetings, they take place three or four times a month, give or take..... I really struggle with these because there's a lot of people and sometimes I have to talk and I find it so uncomfortable because everyone's watching me and listening, I almost feel their eyes burning in to me.

But it's good, I'm working and at the moment I'm doing well. I worry it won't last but I think it's just anxiety.

Parents
  • Hi Fantasy, 

Thanks for your post. I also find this situation uncomfortable in my line of work. I don't mind if I have to present something because I will have time to prepare and organise my thoughts, but if someone asks me a question out of the blue or something I've not had time to think about then I will feel really stressed and flustered and often get my words all muddled, etc. 

Have you told your work that you have autism? I found that by explaining my diagnosis to my manager and then explaining the best way to communicate with me really helped. This means we prepare better before things happen and there are fewer 'surprises'. 

Good luck and well done for doing so well at work in general! 

• Hi Fantasy, 

Thanks for your post. I also find this situation uncomfortable in my line of work. I don't mind if I have to present something because I will have time to prepare and organise my thoughts, but if someone asks me a question out of the blue or something I've not had time to think about then I will feel really stressed and flustered and often get my words all muddled, etc. 

Have you told your work that you have autism? I found that by explaining my diagnosis to my manager and then explaining the best way to communicate with me really helped. This means we prepare better before things happen and there are fewer 'surprises'. 

Good luck and well done for doing so well at work in general! 

Children
No Data