covid booster?

Does anyone know what's happening with it?

I've tried to get to the bottom of it, looking all over including gov, but no definitive answers.

It seems like gov is hoping to kill some of us off again (like during the full pandemic), as it appears that the booster is only for over 65s, immunosuppressed, and frontline staff?

Any other health problems, like asthma etc, we appear not to be getting it?

I hear that US is offering it to all citizens, yet UK is hardly giving it to anyone and you can't get it privately either??? WTF? I'm sure they want to cull the herd again....??

Parents
  • I chose to have neither Vaccine nor the virus.

I pulled it off by being both lucky, and unusually well informed as to how these things work, and what is the correct equipment to won and when to use it. Which is all luck, of course.

I'm not in this thread to try and make any point EXCEPT THIS:

The steps I took personally to try and avoid both virus and "vaccination" have definitely made me MUCH healthier than I was in the little  things. 

It seems, I have had a long time vitamin D deficiency, which now it's been corrected has made a very visible favourable change change to my circumstances.  

I only discovered this by doing my own research and thinking, and I'm very happy with the overall results. The process of research and thinking though is hard, and made far more complicated than it needs to be by all the liars and fantasists and mis-thinkers who populate the internet on ALL sides of any argument. 

I've recommended Vitamin D to so many people now, even given the stuff to people who obviously it could help.

Only ONE has ever come back to me and confirmed what I already know.

Information is a very funny thing, where it comes from for many people, is held to be far more important than the actual data itself.

• Lucky you, I've had several vaccines and COVID itself for a week.

• Without wishing to cause offence to anyone, there is still quite a lot of misinformation out there and washing about in this thread.

The unvarnished truth of the matter, Robert124, is you and nearly everyone else here has received novel gene therapy, that was "rebranded" by changing the official definition of how a vaccine works in 2020, and only allowable under emergency use Authorisation. (Which should have been rescinded as soon as the two currently known effective treatments emerged).

I have somewhere on my computer a video showing how the treatments were initially sold to us all as 100 percent effective against transmission of, or infection by, the covid-19 virus and gradually as the truth of the matter became obvious the claims off efficiency were slowly reduced, as were the claims of "harmlessness". 

How everyone can ignore these facts, (I've gone nowhere near "theory", everything I've just told you is incontrovertible fact).

FORTUNATELY the conspiracy theory that really DID worry me, seems to be failing to come to fruition, and my friends and relatives who have had the jab haven't all "died suddenly", and although it is more dangerous than not taking it, and of now proven inefficacy in terms of halting the spread of the virus (as were all the measures our leaders recommended) the figures I have available suggest the Jab is not working very well as a depopulation measure.

For those of you who have already experienced adverse reactions and are wondering whether you really need that next shot I'd offer these facts for your consideration.

1: Covid -19 version 1 was FAR more deadly than the strains now freely circulating, and the chances of those who are unvaccinated getting seriously ill are vastly reduced, even before one takes sensible precautions to minimise exposure and maximise immunity. 

2: The "vaccine" clearly does NOT stop the vaxxed from contracting covid! So what benefit are you exactly hoping to gain?

3. The simple changes in lifestyle and hygiene and use of the correct medications and supplements in addition to aid me in the avoidance of covid, unlike the vaccination only approach most of us took, also work on other infections and ailments conferring a wider spectrum and longer lasting benefits whilst being less objectionable than some poorly trained oaf (Aspirate first, before pushing the intra muscular meds, please..) sticking a pin in your arm.

I'm not advising anyone, (and since I want to be allowed to "go my own way" as far as possible sure not telling anyone what they should do). Just providing the relevant INFORMATION that some people would seem to have gone to great lengths to keep from you all.

• "Plus you may have caught strains of attenuated morbidity through being passed on by a series of vaccinated hosts"

Possibly. The virus will experience selection pressure in any host with prior immunity. There were a fair number of people who had caught the virus by the time the vaccines were in general deployment (under 40s) in, what, April 2021?

"In this you will have been aided by all the people who had the vaccines". Potentially.

• Thank you. I'll digest this over the next few evenings.

• I'm aware of this trial.

This is where they calculated a 94% efficacy from the split of infected with any symptom (to what severity?) between 196 people out of 29200 people who had either placebo or injection.

The 94% (relative risk reduction, not "efficacy") comes from dividing 185 (infected placebo group) by the 196 (total "infected").

It was an absurdity at the time. It's even more absurd now.

• It's being post-rationalised, in my case, by the fact that I have contracted sars-cov-2 twice in my unvaccinated state. Having accessed the situation with my peers and partner, all of whom had accepted at least the first two injections, I remain unconvinced I am at any more risk remaining unvaccinated. I continue to keep my eye on other discoveries such as the IgG4 thing etc as it still interests me to see how this is going to pan out over the long term.

Well, I guess you are not over 65 years of age and have no other risk factors predisposing to serious symptoms. Plus you may have caught strains of attenuated morbidity through being passed on by a series of vaccinated hosts.

In the long term Covid will become less dangerous, but more transmissible, like most viruses that jump host species. In this you will have been aided by all the people who had the vaccines, whose collective immune responses will have speeded up this selective pressure, Well done!

• "If they had not, we would have all have been in a very sorry state"

In your opinion. I have yet to see any evidence to suggest the efficacy of these treatments.

There you go, mucho reports on the efficacy of various Covid vaccines/boosters: www.gov.uk/.../monitoring-reports-of-the-effectiveness-of-covid-19-vaccination

• I have yet to see any evidence to suggest the efficacy of these treatments.

You will have if you read, 'The Long History of mRNA Vaccines' by the John Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, or just the following conclusions from the NEJM Group of the Massachusetts Medical Society paper on 'the Efficacy and Safety of the mRNA-1273 SARS-Cov-2 Vaccine' that states:

Background

Vaccines are needed to prevent coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) and to protect persons who are at high risk for complications. The mRNA-1273 vaccine is a lipid nanoparticle–encapsulated mRNA-based vaccine that encodes the prefusion stabilized full-length spike protein of the severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), the virus that causes Covid-19.

Methods

This phase 3 randomized, observer-blinded, placebo-controlled trial was conducted at 99 centers across the United States. Persons at high risk for SARS-CoV-2 infection or its complications were randomly assigned in a 1:1 ratio to receive two intramuscular injections of mRNA-1273 (100 μg) or placebo 28 days apart. The primary end point was prevention of Covid-19 illness with onset at least 14 days after the second injection in participants who had not previously been infected with SARS-CoV-2.

Results

The trial enrolled 30,420 volunteers who were randomly assigned in a 1:1 ratio to receive either vaccine or placebo (15,210 participants in each group). More than 96% of participants received both injections, and 2.2% had evidence (serologic, virologic, or both) of SARS-CoV-2 infection at baseline. Symptomatic Covid-19 illness was confirmed in 185 participants in the placebo group (56.5 per 1000 person-years; 95% confidence interval [CI], 48.7 to 65.3) and in 11 participants in the mRNA-1273 group (3.3 per 1000 person-years; 95% CI, 1.7 to 6.0); vaccine efficacy was 94.1% (95% CI, 89.3 to 96.8%; P<0.001). Efficacy was similar across key secondary analyses, including assessment 14 days after the first dose, analyses that included participants who had evidence of SARS-CoV-2 infection at baseline, and analyses in participants 65 years of age or older. Severe Covid-19 occurred in 30 participants, with one fatality; all 30 were in the placebo group. Moderate, transient reactogenicity after vaccination occurred more frequently in the mRNA-1273 group. Serious adverse events were rare, and the incidence was similar in the two groups.

Conclusions

The mRNA-1273 vaccine showed 94.1% efficacy at preventing Covid-19 illness, including severe disease. Aside from transient local and systemic reactions, no safety concerns were identified.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2035389

In your opinion. I have yet to see any evidence to suggest the efficacy of these treatments.

"The basis of the psychology of rejection of vaccines is emphatically not a judicious weighing up of the relative risks".

I'm talking about this specific vaccine. The psychology of rejecting it, in my case was a judicious weighing up of relative risks vs. the completely unknown risks posed by the technology itself. I'm glad to see it's proven to been relatively low risk.

"an active decision to do something that has even a miniscule risk"

The risks from this novel technology was not known at the time and the studies supporting it were not long enough in duration to prove otherwise.

"This decision, or lack of decision, is only post-rationalised by people becoming fixated on the details of the tiny risk that exists. Obviously an element of paranoia can also be involved."

It's being post-rationalised, in my case, by the fact that I have contracted sars-cov-2 twice in my unvaccinated state. Having accessed the situation with my peers and partner, all of whom had accepted at least the first two injections, I remain unconvinced I am at any more risk remaining unvaccinated. I continue to keep my eye on other discoveries such as the IgG4 thing etc as it still interests me to see how this is going to pan out over the long term.

• "So you relied on all the people around you taking a, miniscule, risk so that you could be protected while not taking the risk."

No.

Yes.

• This is a democratic country where the use of coercion in public health matters, where it affects the freedom of choice of the individual to accept medical treatment or prophylaxis, is generally frowned upon. Therefore, the choice is up to you to have a vaccine or not. Luckily, the vast majority of the population chose more wisely. If they had not, we would have all have been in a very sorry state (up shite creek without a paddle). 

The basis of the psychology of rejection of vaccines is emphatically not a judicious weighing up of the relative risks, otherwise everyone would have chosen to be vaccinated, it is that making an active decision to do something that has even a miniscule risk seems more difficult than doing nothing. Risk-averse people have greater levels of inertia. Doing nothing, therefore, seems preferable. This decision, or lack of decision, is only post-rationalised by people becoming fixated on the details of the tiny risk that exists. Obviously an element of paranoia can also be involved.

• "To Snowman and I Sperg. Please would you stop with any goading, inflammatory and insulting language on this thread."

Such as where?

• To Snowman and I Sperg. Please would you stop with any goading, inflammatory and insulting language on this thread.

I personally lost three relatives to the pandemic in 2021 and a fourth to cancer due to the disruption to health services. This is a sensitive topic for me. Everyone well understands that loved-ones had to die alone in hospital and be buried with hardly any attendants. I find your comments and aggressive tone to be totally inappropriate given what a lot of people endured.

I started this thread merely to establish what was happening with the booster, hopefully share information, in the hopes that we can all keep ourselves well and get this booster if we need it - for whatever reason. 

Please will you be kind and respectful now. To both of you - take care.

• "Your approach was both ill-informed and fundamentally selfish in nature"

You can call people who declined the offer of such treatment "selfish" as much as you like. This appeal to emotion didn't really work at the time nor does it work now. If people don't want the treatment, that's up to them.

• "So you relied on all the people around you taking a, miniscule, risk so that you could be protected while not taking the risk."

No.

"I had, and have, no qualms in having repeated Covid vaccine injections"

Good for you. I don't want them. Thank you.

• I had bronchial pneumonia, a sequela to measles, as a small child, this left me with a weak chest and as an adult I became asthmatic. I still had the Covid vaccine, precisely because a respiratory virus might have a particularly bad effect on me. 

Over 70% of the entire human population have received at least one Covid vaccine shot. There have been 6,925,998 deaths attributed to Covid infection. Regarding adverse effects from vaccination, for one vaccine 2.5 cases of anaphylaxis per million injections, for another, 30 cases of blood clotting problems in 5 million doses. These are the kinds of odds I would bet on. I rest my case.

• I was a key worker with unlimited access to test kits.

I tested myself a lot. 

MY approach was indeed extremely selfish I being previously very susceptible to respiritory illness DID NOT WANT COVID!!

As the talk about "how selfish I was being" grew in the media, I more than most. needed to test regularly so I could isolate if neccesary.

You keep trying to talk to me as if I am the reckless and ill-informed fool here! It won't work. 

I have tired of reading it though.

• I have not had Covid, to the best of my knowledge. Though this has no particular relevance, the vaccine was primarily designed to reduce mortality and morbidity, and reduce levels of transmission rather than to totally prevent people from contracting the virus. It appears to me to have done a good job.

The fact that you, a single unvaccinated individual, have not, to the best of your knowledge (asymptomatic infection is possible), caught Covid is of no more general relevance than that I, a single vaccinated individual, have not contracted it. Not being vaccinated undoubtedly made it more likely that you would have contracted it, and had a worse outcome, than if you had been vaccinated. 

I am of the opinion that if a substantial proportion of the population had taken the same stance as you did we would have seen an order of magnitude more deaths than was the case. Had clinical and care staff taken your approach, then there would have been wide scale deaths and not sufficient trained people left to save those who could have been saved. Your approach was both ill-informed and fundamentally selfish in nature.

• I have not had Covid, to the best of my knowledge. Though this has no particular relevance, the vaccine was primarily designed to reduce mortality and morbidity, and reduce levels of transmission rather than to totally prevent people from contracting the virus. It appears to me to have done a good job.

The fact that you, a single unvaccinated individual, have not, to the best of your knowledge (asymptomatic infection is possible), caught Covid is of no more general relevance than that I, a single vaccinated individual, have not contracted it. Not being vaccinated undoubtedly made it more likely that you would have contracted it, and had a worse outcome, than if you had been vaccinated. 

I am of the opinion that if a substantial proportion of the population had taken the same stance as you did we would have seen an order of magnitude more deaths than was the case. Had clinical and care staff taken your approach, then there would have been wide scale deaths and not sufficient trained people left to save those who could have been saved. Your approach was both ill-informed and fundamentally selfish in nature.

Children
  • "Plus you may have caught strains of attenuated morbidity through being passed on by a series of vaccinated hosts"

Possibly. The virus will experience selection pressure in any host with prior immunity. There were a fair number of people who had caught the virus by the time the vaccines were in general deployment (under 40s) in, what, April 2021?

"In this you will have been aided by all the people who had the vaccines". Potentially.

• Thank you. I'll digest this over the next few evenings.

• I'm aware of this trial.

This is where they calculated a 94% efficacy from the split of infected with any symptom (to what severity?) between 196 people out of 29200 people who had either placebo or injection.

The 94% (relative risk reduction, not "efficacy") comes from dividing 185 (infected placebo group) by the 196 (total "infected").

It was an absurdity at the time. It's even more absurd now.

• It's being post-rationalised, in my case, by the fact that I have contracted sars-cov-2 twice in my unvaccinated state. Having accessed the situation with my peers and partner, all of whom had accepted at least the first two injections, I remain unconvinced I am at any more risk remaining unvaccinated. I continue to keep my eye on other discoveries such as the IgG4 thing etc as it still interests me to see how this is going to pan out over the long term.

Well, I guess you are not over 65 years of age and have no other risk factors predisposing to serious symptoms. Plus you may have caught strains of attenuated morbidity through being passed on by a series of vaccinated hosts.

In the long term Covid will become less dangerous, but more transmissible, like most viruses that jump host species. In this you will have been aided by all the people who had the vaccines, whose collective immune responses will have speeded up this selective pressure, Well done!

There you go, mucho reports on the efficacy of various Covid vaccines/boosters: www.gov.uk/.../monitoring-reports-of-the-effectiveness-of-covid-19-vaccination

• I have yet to see any evidence to suggest the efficacy of these treatments.

You will have if you read, 'The Long History of mRNA Vaccines' by the John Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, or just the following conclusions from the NEJM Group of the Massachusetts Medical Society paper on 'the Efficacy and Safety of the mRNA-1273 SARS-Cov-2 Vaccine' that states:

Background

Vaccines are needed to prevent coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) and to protect persons who are at high risk for complications. The mRNA-1273 vaccine is a lipid nanoparticle–encapsulated mRNA-based vaccine that encodes the prefusion stabilized full-length spike protein of the severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), the virus that causes Covid-19.

Methods

This phase 3 randomized, observer-blinded, placebo-controlled trial was conducted at 99 centers across the United States. Persons at high risk for SARS-CoV-2 infection or its complications were randomly assigned in a 1:1 ratio to receive two intramuscular injections of mRNA-1273 (100 μg) or placebo 28 days apart. The primary end point was prevention of Covid-19 illness with onset at least 14 days after the second injection in participants who had not previously been infected with SARS-CoV-2.

Results

The trial enrolled 30,420 volunteers who were randomly assigned in a 1:1 ratio to receive either vaccine or placebo (15,210 participants in each group). More than 96% of participants received both injections, and 2.2% had evidence (serologic, virologic, or both) of SARS-CoV-2 infection at baseline. Symptomatic Covid-19 illness was confirmed in 185 participants in the placebo group (56.5 per 1000 person-years; 95% confidence interval [CI], 48.7 to 65.3) and in 11 participants in the mRNA-1273 group (3.3 per 1000 person-years; 95% CI, 1.7 to 6.0); vaccine efficacy was 94.1% (95% CI, 89.3 to 96.8%; P<0.001). Efficacy was similar across key secondary analyses, including assessment 14 days after the first dose, analyses that included participants who had evidence of SARS-CoV-2 infection at baseline, and analyses in participants 65 years of age or older. Severe Covid-19 occurred in 30 participants, with one fatality; all 30 were in the placebo group. Moderate, transient reactogenicity after vaccination occurred more frequently in the mRNA-1273 group. Serious adverse events were rare, and the incidence was similar in the two groups.

Conclusions

The mRNA-1273 vaccine showed 94.1% efficacy at preventing Covid-19 illness, including severe disease. Aside from transient local and systemic reactions, no safety concerns were identified.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2035389

"The basis of the psychology of rejection of vaccines is emphatically not a judicious weighing up of the relative risks".

I'm talking about this specific vaccine. The psychology of rejecting it, in my case was a judicious weighing up of relative risks vs. the completely unknown risks posed by the technology itself. I'm glad to see it's proven to been relatively low risk.

"an active decision to do something that has even a miniscule risk"

The risks from this novel technology was not known at the time and the studies supporting it were not long enough in duration to prove otherwise.

"This decision, or lack of decision, is only post-rationalised by people becoming fixated on the details of the tiny risk that exists. Obviously an element of paranoia can also be involved."

It's being post-rationalised, in my case, by the fact that I have contracted sars-cov-2 twice in my unvaccinated state. Having accessed the situation with my peers and partner, all of whom had accepted at least the first two injections, I remain unconvinced I am at any more risk remaining unvaccinated. I continue to keep my eye on other discoveries such as the IgG4 thing etc as it still interests me to see how this is going to pan out over the long term.

• This is a democratic country where the use of coercion in public health matters, where it affects the freedom of choice of the individual to accept medical treatment or prophylaxis, is generally frowned upon. Therefore, the choice is up to you to have a vaccine or not. Luckily, the vast majority of the population chose more wisely. If they had not, we would have all have been in a very sorry state (up shite creek without a paddle). 

The basis of the psychology of rejection of vaccines is emphatically not a judicious weighing up of the relative risks, otherwise everyone would have chosen to be vaccinated, it is that making an active decision to do something that has even a miniscule risk seems more difficult than doing nothing. Risk-averse people have greater levels of inertia. Doing nothing, therefore, seems preferable. This decision, or lack of decision, is only post-rationalised by people becoming fixated on the details of the tiny risk that exists. Obviously an element of paranoia can also be involved.

• "To Snowman and I Sperg. Please would you stop with any goading, inflammatory and insulting language on this thread."

Such as where?

• To Snowman and I Sperg. Please would you stop with any goading, inflammatory and insulting language on this thread.

I personally lost three relatives to the pandemic in 2021 and a fourth to cancer due to the disruption to health services. This is a sensitive topic for me. Everyone well understands that loved-ones had to die alone in hospital and be buried with hardly any attendants. I find your comments and aggressive tone to be totally inappropriate given what a lot of people endured.

I started this thread merely to establish what was happening with the booster, hopefully share information, in the hopes that we can all keep ourselves well and get this booster if we need it - for whatever reason. 

Please will you be kind and respectful now. To both of you - take care.

• "Your approach was both ill-informed and fundamentally selfish in nature"

You can call people who declined the offer of such treatment "selfish" as much as you like. This appeal to emotion didn't really work at the time nor does it work now. If people don't want the treatment, that's up to them.

• I had bronchial pneumonia, a sequela to measles, as a small child, this left me with a weak chest and as an adult I became asthmatic. I still had the Covid vaccine, precisely because a respiratory virus might have a particularly bad effect on me. 

Over 70% of the entire human population have received at least one Covid vaccine shot. There have been 6,925,998 deaths attributed to Covid infection. Regarding adverse effects from vaccination, for one vaccine 2.5 cases of anaphylaxis per million injections, for another, 30 cases of blood clotting problems in 5 million doses. These are the kinds of odds I would bet on. I rest my case.

• I was a key worker with unlimited access to test kits.

I tested myself a lot. 

MY approach was indeed extremely selfish I being previously very susceptible to respiritory illness DID NOT WANT COVID!!

As the talk about "how selfish I was being" grew in the media, I more than most. needed to test regularly so I could isolate if neccesary.

You keep trying to talk to me as if I am the reckless and ill-informed fool here! It won't work. 

I have tired of reading it though.