Wanting friends

Have you ever had a true friend someone who liked you and didn't judge you? I've been looking for a friend like that, what I would call a true friend. But I've never found anyone like that, in person or online. I feel lonely a lot of the time, I've only got my family but no friends at all.

Parents
  • Yes, I have.

I feel extremely honoured to have become friends with one of the most lovely people I ever encountered. We met at school, where we were both bullied for being different, and though we were both shy at first we gradually started to bond and found we had loads in common.

It turned out we both had autism. And we remained friends all through school, supporting each other through the hardest days life through at us. When my parents died she was there for me, when her mum died I was by her side day and night.

I don't know how to be a good friend and how to communicate with people, but with her, it was like I was on autopilot. 

She sadly died at the start of the year, that's the worst part of being friends when your friend is no longer here. But I know our friendship is forever and I like to think that she's still here, watching over me and helping me through those difficult days.

I hope you will find that friend for yourself as well.

• Yes, I have.

I feel extremely honoured to have become friends with one of the most lovely people I ever encountered. We met at school, where we were both bullied for being different, and though we were both shy at first we gradually started to bond and found we had loads in common.

It turned out we both had autism. And we remained friends all through school, supporting each other through the hardest days life through at us. When my parents died she was there for me, when her mum died I was by her side day and night.

I don't know how to be a good friend and how to communicate with people, but with her, it was like I was on autopilot. 

She sadly died at the start of the year, that's the worst part of being friends when your friend is no longer here. But I know our friendship is forever and I like to think that she's still here, watching over me and helping me through those difficult days.

I hope you will find that friend for yourself as well.

Children
  • that's the worst part of being friends when your friend is no longer here. But I know our friendship is forever

I may have said before, A=BCD, but I am sorry for your loss. As somebody in similar circumstances (my long time friend also died at the beginning of the year) your words really resonate for me. 

Friendship like that is forever, I hope you can find some consolation in that thought Slight smile

• I've retyped this again and again as words are inadequate.

She had you in her life and that would have enriched her time here so much.

Thinking of you.

x