Feeling very alone

Hi. My 17 year old son has been struggling for the past 3 years. He left school last year but didn’t attend his last year as the school refused to support his needs. I’m now on my 3rd EHCP application and he has recently been diagnosed with autism, ADHD and severe OCD. He suffers badly with his mental health. Can feel suicidal. He has severe social anxiety. He has no friends and is desperate to go back into education to make friends. 98% of the time, he sits in his room, playing on his PS5 or draws. I work 3 days a week but come home every couple of hours to see how he is. My husband has moved out because their relationship is strained. I no longer see friends or go out. I’m looking for people in simulator situations to chat to. Maybe you have a teenager that would like to make friends? I’m desperate. My mental health is awful. Im doing everything on my own….Norfolk area 

Parents
  • Hello 89219, I am Number.

I am going to suggest that you re-post this thread in the "Parents and Carers" section of the forum because you are more likely to encounter the people you are searching for.

I'm going to try and navigate you to where I think you should be......bare with me......this isn't my forte ;

(1) Click back to home (where it says "recent forum posts" underneath the bigger title that says "The Autism Community")

(2) When you are on this page, look for the section that says "Topics" (it might be a pull down menu or just be a rectangle on your PC = it depends on your device make and model)

(3) When you have found the "Topics", scroll down and click on "Parents and carers" = it will then only show recent posts in the parents and carers section - but blink and you'll miss the change - it is a barely discernible change.

(4) When you are in the "Parents and Carers" topic screen, click on "Start a discussion" and re-type (or cut and past) your words like you did before to start this thread.

That should help you get some better responses that just me and Desmond (although we are tour de forces on Farm Fresh Milk matters.)

And just before you go.....do please look after yourself.  It is good that you are seeking help for yourself.  Please remember yourself.  I am 99% sure that your son will feel happier himself if he knows that you are a little happier in yourself.  Perhaps ask him that?  Moody lonely 17 year old lads with a bundle of labels need not necessarily be that complex in their needs and wants........and the thing that bothers them most, is other people!  If he is mean to you, he doesn't mean it.  If he is a burden, help him to help you lighten it a little - I am 99% sure that your son can be made to see the autistic utility of such an approach.

Kindest regards to you both.

Number.

• Hello 89219, I am Number.

I am going to suggest that you re-post this thread in the "Parents and Carers" section of the forum because you are more likely to encounter the people you are searching for.

I'm going to try and navigate you to where I think you should be......bare with me......this isn't my forte ;

(1) Click back to home (where it says "recent forum posts" underneath the bigger title that says "The Autism Community")

(2) When you are on this page, look for the section that says "Topics" (it might be a pull down menu or just be a rectangle on your PC = it depends on your device make and model)

(3) When you have found the "Topics", scroll down and click on "Parents and carers" = it will then only show recent posts in the parents and carers section - but blink and you'll miss the change - it is a barely discernible change.

(4) When you are in the "Parents and Carers" topic screen, click on "Start a discussion" and re-type (or cut and past) your words like you did before to start this thread.

That should help you get some better responses that just me and Desmond (although we are tour de forces on Farm Fresh Milk matters.)

And just before you go.....do please look after yourself.  It is good that you are seeking help for yourself.  Please remember yourself.  I am 99% sure that your son will feel happier himself if he knows that you are a little happier in yourself.  Perhaps ask him that?  Moody lonely 17 year old lads with a bundle of labels need not necessarily be that complex in their needs and wants........and the thing that bothers them most, is other people!  If he is mean to you, he doesn't mean it.  If he is a burden, help him to help you lighten it a little - I am 99% sure that your son can be made to see the autistic utility of such an approach.

Kindest regards to you both.

Number.

Children
No Data