Just a thought

Recently I have asked various people about how to initiate the process of friendships and bonding, but their answers have always been passive i.e, "it will happen when it happens" or "you're better off being by yourself" which I find counterproductive.  

To put it bluntly, I am f******lonely.  Maybe it is my instinctive need for belonging and companionship that is compelling me to seek that out.

Am I wrong?

Parents
  • I guess you are still young. Your need for human connection will fade away quickly when you will get older. I went no contact with my family and left all my "friends" in 2000, and never bothered to form any more connections. Best choice of my life, believe me, it helped a lot with my mental and physical health. There is a nice way of saying it in English: "John enjoys himself in Paris", not "John enjoys Paris". You only need yourself to be happy.

• I guess you are still young. Your need for human connection will fade away quickly when you will get older. I went no contact with my family and left all my "friends" in 2000, and never bothered to form any more connections. Best choice of my life, believe me, it helped a lot with my mental and physical health. There is a nice way of saying it in English: "John enjoys himself in Paris", not "John enjoys Paris". You only need yourself to be happy.

Children
No Data