Just a thought

Recently I have asked various people about how to initiate the process of friendships and bonding, but their answers have always been passive i.e, "it will happen when it happens" or "you're better off being by yourself" which I find counterproductive.  

To put it bluntly, I am f******lonely.  Maybe it is my instinctive need for belonging and companionship that is compelling me to seek that out.

Am I wrong?

Parents
  • Hello 89158, I am Number.

You are not wrong.  My presumption is that you are autistic.

Many people here seem to want to be on their own most of the time, but also feel lonely much of the time.

Many people here seem to have VERY few friends indeed, but would not be averse to picking up more if that were possible.

Humans have evolved to live in group settings (generally) - so as you say, it is instinct to seek belonging and companionship.

I definitely don't seek out hoards of screaming and attentive friends.....but the one or two that I do have are essential to me.

To put it bluntly, back to you, as you are  f-hooking lonely right now......may I recommend hanging around on these pages for a while.  I know that most do not see this type of connection as "friendship"......but my goodness, I've seen endless people here report a sense of alleviated loneliness from being here.

Kind regards

Number.

• Hello 89158, I am Number.

You are not wrong.  My presumption is that you are autistic.

Many people here seem to want to be on their own most of the time, but also feel lonely much of the time.

Many people here seem to have VERY few friends indeed, but would not be averse to picking up more if that were possible.

Humans have evolved to live in group settings (generally) - so as you say, it is instinct to seek belonging and companionship.

I definitely don't seek out hoards of screaming and attentive friends.....but the one or two that I do have are essential to me.

To put it bluntly, back to you, as you are  f-hooking lonely right now......may I recommend hanging around on these pages for a while.  I know that most do not see this type of connection as "friendship"......but my goodness, I've seen endless people here report a sense of alleviated loneliness from being here.

Kind regards

Number.

Children
No Data