What scares you ?

To be aware of it is the scariest thing in the universe --- If it exists outside our perception.  Awareness that we are nothing compared to the size of the universe and our time of existence in this universe is less than the blink of a cosmic eye. Awareness that our senses are drastically limited to perceive the true nature of the universe. Awareness that any amount of scientific knowledge won’t be enough for us to differentiate if the universe is subjective or objective, that we're pre-programmed or we have a free will, that we are created or are we the  result of some random events (or experiment). For me this is my broad view.  At a more personal level what scares you.

Parents
  • On the practical side I am scared by ...

looking stupid and standing out

scared of not looking 'normal' at work

burning out and being able to function

fish (no seriously) have a massive fish phobia, even fish on TV.

More genrally I am scared that the netzeroists will try and change my life. Just want to carry on doing what I do now for the rest of my life. So thats unrestricted driving, flying and eating meat for 25 years. Loosing all that really botheres me. 

• Other people are entitled to a decent quality of life too. If everyone carries on doing whatever for the next 25 years, there are billions of people who will pay for it. 

• but those billions also want to use their cars, fly and eat meat too.... so im not sure they are paying for it... they are enjoying it, and if theres anything bad from it then they were part of it anyway and would be happy to take any consequences of their own actions right?

• amen (secular-ly speaking)

• i dunno.... i dont fly myself and never even go on local holidays... but migration is pretty high from other countries, china has a yearly event where all their people do mass global holidays, indians are very global too. those 2 countries make up most of humanity these days and they have a big global travel culture.

although india have less cars and more motorbikes... motorbikes are better for the environment, use less fuel too and less carbon footprint. i have a motorbike, its cheaper to insure, 200 quid per year.... a car is what 200 quid per month instead? ...was easy choice for me to make. i pick cheapest by far.

we have a different view on environment.... i think im more towards ted kazynskys view (without the bombings ofcourse lmao, if he didnt do that hed have really made some good changes and done good in the world) that we mist protect natural green spaces... and that these left leaning people now they will hijack the environmental cause and make it about the "air" instead and then destroy green spaces and spread cities while claiming to be environemtnalists because they do so while focusing just on the air....he was right... thats happening. i consider the climate change folks to be those type, that want to spread their cities and focus on little things that is not actually protecting the environment.

in my mind, we must rewild... we must cut back the urban places and recreate forests and woodlands... make the world beautiful.... but ofcourse my reason for that being that i want to live in a beautiful world, not a gray concrete world. for betterment of mental health... also it could do with being less cramped, too many people.... the lowering fertility rates everyone claims is bad i consider to be good. if we have less humans in the future, and more forests and woodlands... everyones mental health would be better. everyone can get out in and lose themselves in the green woods and forests and not see another human being and be able to unwind in isolation in woods in beauty.

but ofcourse, the current climate change people, they want to destroy the green spaces while focusing on the air, spreading their cities, increasing population ten fold, they are all fallen for corporatism of environment issues... thats why its spread by media and big companies... its warped and twisted to their desires of economic growth and that means more humans, more cities, less green, more growth of humanity and its constructs.... but they will say they are the environment side because they focus on the air cleanliness lol

so i sorta am for environment. but i dont trust the big media and social media pushed narratives. and i believe ted kazynsky was right about them. but he was a fool, if he didnt take to violence he could have made great movements and changes. its a shame what he did.

• I know we've established in this thread that you're not super aware of the experiences and struggles of other groups of people, but the majority of the billions of people alive currently and in the future don't live lives of unrestricted driving and flying. The poorest people in the world are responsible for the least of the problems and face the harshest effects. 

IIRC you're a climate change denier (correct me if I'm wrong and I apologise if I am) so I'm not sure how much point there would be in talking about how our selfish actions now will make the planet of future humans so much worse. Plugging our ears and carrying on as if nothing's happening isn't a good option. 

• I know we've established in this thread that you're not super aware of the experiences and struggles of other groups of people, but the majority of the billions of people alive currently and in the future don't live lives of unrestricted driving and flying. The poorest people in the world are responsible for the least of the problems and face the harshest effects. 

IIRC you're a climate change denier (correct me if I'm wrong and I apologise if I am) so I'm not sure how much point there would be in talking about how our selfish actions now will make the planet of future humans so much worse. Plugging our ears and carrying on as if nothing's happening isn't a good option. 

Children
  • amen (secular-ly speaking)

• i dunno.... i dont fly myself and never even go on local holidays... but migration is pretty high from other countries, china has a yearly event where all their people do mass global holidays, indians are very global too. those 2 countries make up most of humanity these days and they have a big global travel culture.

although india have less cars and more motorbikes... motorbikes are better for the environment, use less fuel too and less carbon footprint. i have a motorbike, its cheaper to insure, 200 quid per year.... a car is what 200 quid per month instead? ...was easy choice for me to make. i pick cheapest by far.

we have a different view on environment.... i think im more towards ted kazynskys view (without the bombings ofcourse lmao, if he didnt do that hed have really made some good changes and done good in the world) that we mist protect natural green spaces... and that these left leaning people now they will hijack the environmental cause and make it about the "air" instead and then destroy green spaces and spread cities while claiming to be environemtnalists because they do so while focusing just on the air....he was right... thats happening. i consider the climate change folks to be those type, that want to spread their cities and focus on little things that is not actually protecting the environment.

in my mind, we must rewild... we must cut back the urban places and recreate forests and woodlands... make the world beautiful.... but ofcourse my reason for that being that i want to live in a beautiful world, not a gray concrete world. for betterment of mental health... also it could do with being less cramped, too many people.... the lowering fertility rates everyone claims is bad i consider to be good. if we have less humans in the future, and more forests and woodlands... everyones mental health would be better. everyone can get out in and lose themselves in the green woods and forests and not see another human being and be able to unwind in isolation in woods in beauty.

but ofcourse, the current climate change people, they want to destroy the green spaces while focusing on the air, spreading their cities, increasing population ten fold, they are all fallen for corporatism of environment issues... thats why its spread by media and big companies... its warped and twisted to their desires of economic growth and that means more humans, more cities, less green, more growth of humanity and its constructs.... but they will say they are the environment side because they focus on the air cleanliness lol

so i sorta am for environment. but i dont trust the big media and social media pushed narratives. and i believe ted kazynsky was right about them. but he was a fool, if he didnt take to violence he could have made great movements and changes. its a shame what he did.