What scares you ?

To be aware of it is the scariest thing in the universe --- If it exists outside our perception.  Awareness that we are nothing compared to the size of the universe and our time of existence in this universe is less than the blink of a cosmic eye. Awareness that our senses are drastically limited to perceive the true nature of the universe. Awareness that any amount of scientific knowledge won’t be enough for us to differentiate if the universe is subjective or objective, that we're pre-programmed or we have a free will, that we are created or are we the  result of some random events (or experiment). For me this is my broad view.  At a more personal level what scares you.

Parents
  • I just walked the Norfolk coast path from Great Yarmouth to Hunstanton, about 80 miles, on my own over four days, camping wild on the way. Only when I saw your question about what makes me scared did I realise that it wasn't spending the night all alone on some deserted coastline miles from anywhere, but during the daytime when I had to go into towns and villages for food that I was most scared. There is a local legend called 'Black Shuck', a big, shaggy, black dog with burning red eyes that is supposed to haunt the East Anglia coastline. I think I'd rather have bumped into him than all the grockles I encountered in the more inhabited areas. Laughing

• Grockles and rubbernecks come in all shapes and sizes.......it's only when they are (supposedly) in control of a car as well that I become scared of them!

Reply Children