Life changes since diagnosis/self-realisation/identification

This question was inspired by Out of Step.

Since your diagnosis of autism, or your realisation and self identification of autism, have you changed and how?

Also, have others changed in their atttitude to you?

Also, have you made any changes to your life that benefit you?

Has it changed your thought processes/attitude to others/past life experiences etc etc?

Parents
  • Changing is difficult for me and over-time it is even-more difficult to evaluate how I have changed, I don’t really empathise with my past-self unless I trigger an association, that I have proceduralised through that previous-mindset. Instead I either have to relive it or trust in the reasoning of my previous-self.

Other’s-attitude has changed in the sense that, I can call upon considerations that I didn’t have available before, I am considered differently. I just hope that the self that has made hay earlier in the year, has made enough that I do not starve or become the prey of others in my discouragement.

I use different language that I did before, that language has a different effect on others, and staves off instances of anxiety more-frequently.. But I dont know really, perhaps I’m not the right mindset to make a thorough summary, its hard to have personal-regrets when my blinders are so effective in the bad-times..Sweat smile

• Changing is difficult for me and over-time it is even-more difficult to evaluate how I have changed, I don’t really empathise with my past-self unless I trigger an association, that I have proceduralised through that previous-mindset. Instead I either have to relive it or trust in the reasoning of my previous-self.

Other’s-attitude has changed in the sense that, I can call upon considerations that I didn’t have available before, I am considered differently. I just hope that the self that has made hay earlier in the year, has made enough that I do not starve or become the prey of others in my discouragement.

I use different language that I did before, that language has a different effect on others, and staves off instances of anxiety more-frequently.. But I dont know really, perhaps I’m not the right mindset to make a thorough summary, its hard to have personal-regrets when my blinders are so effective in the bad-times..Sweat smile

Children
No Data