Depressed

I am so depressed and fed up with my life. I’m 23 and never been in a relationship with a girl. I took everyone’s advice about going to groups and meeting people it doesn’t work. I think god has a vendetta against me. I don’t think it’s fair that everyone else gets to have relationships and I don’t. This medication isn’t working that I’m on it’s like taking smarties they don’t do anything. I’m going to keep complaining to the doctor because I’m still not satisfied. This is how sad and pathetic my life has become the human race really hasn’t come far. Maybe one day we’ll live in a world we’re everyone gets treated fairly.

Parents
  • Hi Yellow Tree, 

There are sections of your post that I don't feel able to comment on, eg. the whole god situation. But I do have other comments. 

For example, what has given you the idea that being in a relationship is so great? I have been in a few and while they were fun for a bit they all ended up sucking. Being single is WAY more fun and free. Other people (can) hold you down and make you do stuff you don't feel like and there are so many social commitments, etc. 

I wouldn't depend too heavily on pharmaceuticals to make you 'happy' there is only so much they can do. Explore what makes you happy outside of dating - there is a whole big wide world out there waiting for you to experience it! Maybe you'd like to travel, or maybe you like nature? Or you like music, or gaming, or books? Joy can be found in so many places, but it won't necessarily just all fall into your lap. 

• Thanks for the advice. I suppose being single can be good too. I like cycling. Maybe I should join a cycling group.

• Hello Yellow tree,

sorry you are having issues. I am a keen cyclist and am out six days a week. Maybe if you live in the area, then we could go out for a ride as there are many great routes and cafes. 

• Yeh we could that would be good.

Reply Children
No Data