Depressed

I am so depressed and fed up with my life. I’m 23 and never been in a relationship with a girl. I took everyone’s advice about going to groups and meeting people it doesn’t work. I think god has a vendetta against me. I don’t think it’s fair that everyone else gets to have relationships and I don’t. This medication isn’t working that I’m on it’s like taking smarties they don’t do anything. I’m going to keep complaining to the doctor because I’m still not satisfied. This is how sad and pathetic my life has become the human race really hasn’t come far. Maybe one day we’ll live in a world we’re everyone gets treated fairly.

Parents
  • This is a platitude but at only 23 you are still very young with plenty of time to find a lovely lady to share your life with. (Voice of experience -I am 66).

I have found actively looking for partners has always failed for me, but joining in with activities relating to my special interests has given me friends first and subsequently led to a few significant relationships. But I go first and foremost for sharing the common interest. If anything else happens that's nice.

I also relate to antidepressants not working to the extent the psychiatrists no longer prescribe them for me. I am on something for anxiety though. In your place, I would ask to try a different medication. Finding the best one can be trial and error.

Hang in there - life will get better.

• This is a platitude but at only 23 you are still very young with plenty of time to find a lovely lady to share your life with. (Voice of experience -I am 66).

I have found actively looking for partners has always failed for me, but joining in with activities relating to my special interests has given me friends first and subsequently led to a few significant relationships. But I go first and foremost for sharing the common interest. If anything else happens that's nice.

I also relate to antidepressants not working to the extent the psychiatrists no longer prescribe them for me. I am on something for anxiety though. In your place, I would ask to try a different medication. Finding the best one can be trial and error.

Hang in there - life will get better.

Children
No Data