Depressed

I am so depressed and fed up with my life. I’m 23 and never been in a relationship with a girl. I took everyone’s advice about going to groups and meeting people it doesn’t work. I think god has a vendetta against me. I don’t think it’s fair that everyone else gets to have relationships and I don’t. This medication isn’t working that I’m on it’s like taking smarties they don’t do anything. I’m going to keep complaining to the doctor because I’m still not satisfied. This is how sad and pathetic my life has become the human race really hasn’t come far. Maybe one day we’ll live in a world we’re everyone gets treated fairly.

Parents
  • I'm sorry you're so down and yes, you do need some support. I've been through stretches of relationship wilderness too for one reason or another. It can get lonely.

I have some strong petsonal views on meds I wouldn't push on other people if they find them helpful, but I think I'm on safe ground to say that if the absence of love in your life is the source of your depression, there isn't a pill in the world or any medical action (other than counselling) a GP can take to fix that. Love isn't found in a pill bottle for anyone.

I think I'm also on safe ground to say love is a matter of luck not fairness or God's ire. It is one of those things that happens when it happens. It does however help to be in the right frame of mind when the right person turns up. That's where counselling might help.

• I'm sorry you're so down and yes, you do need some support. I've been through stretches of relationship wilderness too for one reason or another. It can get lonely.

I have some strong petsonal views on meds I wouldn't push on other people if they find them helpful, but I think I'm on safe ground to say that if the absence of love in your life is the source of your depression, there isn't a pill in the world or any medical action (other than counselling) a GP can take to fix that. Love isn't found in a pill bottle for anyone.

I think I'm also on safe ground to say love is a matter of luck not fairness or God's ire. It is one of those things that happens when it happens. It does however help to be in the right frame of mind when the right person turns up. That's where counselling might help.

Children
No Data