Covid isn’t over.

Felt rough for the last couple of days and today feel light headed and tight chested. Did a test earlier and two lines immediately came up. I have covid again, my wife is a District Nurse and said that numbers have been rising with a new strain. Only bonus is I won’t have anyone come near me. My wife’s fellow nurses bought her a bunch of flowers yesterday for her birthday, the covid I can cope with, the Lilly’s in the bunch are driving me insane.

Parents
  • I hope you're feeling better Roy.

From what I've read it does seem to be spreading fast. According to the Zoe health study data there were a million cases in the UK by the beginning of September and currently rising by over 100,000 a day.

https://health-study.zoe.com/data

I'm concerned because of the vulnerability of my elderly mum. With the schools going back the rate of transmission could spike. In the US they've apparently reintroduced mandatory masks in schools.

The latest vaccine will be offered to the most vulnerable soon but they might not be that effective against the new variant. The government have already brought forward the dates by a month and I wouldn't be surprised if they decide to extend the offer to all over 50s next month.

I'll be going back to mask wearing next time I go shopping, only just stopped wearing them a few months ago. It does seem futile though when 99% of other people don't bother. 

• I wear a mask still as well :–) 

As a big health freak I'm super scared of getting sick so when the masks were introduced I really liked it

But sometimes it does feel pointless when no one else does it lol.

Reply Children
No Data