Covid isn’t over.

Felt rough for the last couple of days and today feel light headed and tight chested. Did a test earlier and two lines immediately came up. I have covid again, my wife is a District Nurse and said that numbers have been rising with a new strain. Only bonus is I won’t have anyone come near me. My wife’s fellow nurses bought her a bunch of flowers yesterday for her birthday, the covid I can cope with, the Lilly’s in the bunch are driving me insane.

Parents
  • Hi Roy.

Sorry to hear this and I hope you don't feel too rotten.

In February this year I had Covid + a chest infection + Bell's Palsy + my legs and arms on my right side wouldn't work properly (a strange phenomenon I had once before with BP).

So, I was taken into hospital as an emergency re suspected stroke, then discharged.

That evening I was stuck on the floor in the bathroom and couldn't get up.

My husband dialled 111 and they called the ambulance.

I then proceeded to have one of the most unpleasant hour's ever with the ambulance people in my bedroom constantly questioning me and intimating I'd made the whole thing up and there was nothing wrong.

They refused to take me into hospital but as a big concession the horrible man said he's call an out of hours GP.

The GP said to take me into hospital.

The horrible man told me that I'd be in the waiting room all evening and they (the ED) wouldn't take me in and I was wasting everyone's time.

Instead, I was taken straight into the emergency department ward, and told my Sats (oxygen levels) were low and I was kept in for days because of acute Covid.

I am by-the-way, in none of the 'vulnerable' Covid groups apart from being 61.

The moral of this rather long and depressing story is keep an eye on your Sats!

It's a good thing that your lovely wife is a nurse.

• So sorry Debbie, that sounds like a nightmare. My loving wife has put me in the spare bedroom for the foreseeable! To be honest  I would actually prefer it full time. I think some of my insomnia issues are having someone breathing and fidgeting near me.

• Thank you Roy.

that sounds like a nightmare.

Yes, it was, including some of my time inside the NHS prison.

I would actually prefer it full time

Maybe broach the subject.

I've always slept separately.

My husband has 2 sleep disorders and I'm a terribly light sleeper.

Rest well, and be well soon.

x

• Thank you Roy.

that sounds like a nightmare.

Yes, it was, including some of my time inside the NHS prison.

I would actually prefer it full time

Maybe broach the subject.

I've always slept separately.

My husband has 2 sleep disorders and I'm a terribly light sleeper.

Rest well, and be well soon.

x

Children
No Data