Inflammation

I'm still trying to understand what burnout is because I feel like it manifests in different ways.

Currently, I'm in an IBD flare up. This comes after a busy summer, stress about work, parenting, and I'm about to move house (so have been selling ours, with all the difficulties that brings).

Mystified as how to cure my IBD flares I recently read a book by Temple Grandin who openly discusses her journey. The part that interested me was where she says she started taking an antidepressant and this put an end to her colitis flare ups.

So I was wondering, how does burnout manifest in you, has medication helped you, and do you think burnout is why I'm so sick again?

Parents
  • I have IBS and diverticular disease. I had a horrible flare up a few months ago that lasted 6 weeks, the longest ever. I had a lot of left-sided colonic pain, and even a single rather heavy rectal bleed. At the end of the flare up, I went to the GPs, had 3 stool sample tests and many blood tests and everything came back as 'normal', not even a hint of intestinal inflammation. It's just baffling. I know that food intolerances feed into my gut problems and that these change and evolve over time. It's like I'm second guessing what my dumb immune system is doing, all the time.

• Wow that is baffling that they all came up clear. Same thing happened with me. Maybe it’s down to bad bacteria in the gut rather than inflammation. Supposedly there is some connection between gut bacteria and autism. But don’t take my word for it it’s just what I read online. I’ve never had a test for bacteria in my gut so can’t really say but there might be something to it.

• I have taken probiotic capsules (BioKult) for five or so years, I think it helps, but it hasn't cleared up the underlying problem.

Reply Children
No Data