Struggling With Friends

I'm struggling with my friends. I managed to get myself some friends, neurotypical. But they comment on my autism and my being different.. and because of that I feel like I need to be different. I've started acting different, masking I think it is, and it's draining me physically and mentally. I've been feeling ugly as well, worried no one will want to marry me because I don't look that attractive. I'm feeling particularly self critical now.

Parents
  • No that’s wrong.

You shouldn’t have to change who you are to make friends. Your friends should like you how you are and true friends wouldn’t expect or want you to be different for them. You deserve friends like those, not people who do want you to be different. You’re better off away from people like that.

And don’t worry about beauty and finding the one. You and everyone else are beautiful in your own way, inside and out. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder as well. Try not to worry about it but important to remember that about beauty because that really is true. You are beautiful.

You’re awesome and I think you should spend some time here. Since joining I’ve found understanding, friendship and support, and now wonder how I ever got by without this place and the wonderful people that are here ^^

• No that’s wrong.

You shouldn’t have to change who you are to make friends. Your friends should like you how you are and true friends wouldn’t expect or want you to be different for them. You deserve friends like those, not people who do want you to be different. You’re better off away from people like that.

And don’t worry about beauty and finding the one. You and everyone else are beautiful in your own way, inside and out. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder as well. Try not to worry about it but important to remember that about beauty because that really is true. You are beautiful.

You’re awesome and I think you should spend some time here. Since joining I’ve found understanding, friendship and support, and now wonder how I ever got by without this place and the wonderful people that are here ^^

Children
No Data