Autistic Alert Card. Do you have one ?

Just got back from a follow-up Diagnosis Appointment.
Was given information on Applying for an Autistic 
 alert card to carry on your Person in times of crises.Children are also eligible.
The idea being that if you find yourself in a situation where you are overwhelmend etc you can show this card.
It is recognised by the Emergency Services also.
Just wondered if you have one,or if not here is the link to apply.

www.autism-anglia.org.uk/apply-for-your-first-card

Parents
  • I have one in my wallet, alongside my organ donor card. I was selectively mute as a small child and I sometimes have the feeling that it might return if I were very stressed, though it hasn't since I was about seven. Following my diagnosis, having the card with me is a nice insurance policy, just in case.

• It returns for me all the time, but it’s strange how being mute in the autistic sense, and the word ‘mute’ have different meanings to me. Because having no thoughts to word, and not saying words, feels different to me..

But then again I feel like I’m in a corner on a weekly basis.. so there is that..

• It returns for me all the time, but it’s strange how being mute in the autistic sense, and the word ‘mute’ have different meanings to me. Because having no thoughts to word, and not saying words, feels different to me..

But then again I feel like I’m in a corner on a weekly basis.. so there is that..

Children
No Data